Baxi Solo HE24 Overheat Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

I have a Solo HE24 with an intermittent overheat lockout problem. This morning appears to have got a bit worse so managed a bit of debugging and found that the Safety Thermostat (the one screwed to the fan) appears to be opening up.

I'm not sure if the thermostat is faulty or whether it is genuinely overheating in that space...

Does anybody happen to know common faults that cause this?

Manual references this as spare part (obsolete but seems like there are replacements) https://www.dhsspares.co.uk/product/baxi-242235-thermostat-overheat-1114730

Last serviced in May (not by me :))

Thanks for any tips
Cheers

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Often caused by a faulty combustion door failure that needs checking by someone with the correct knowledge and test equipment

Often caused by a faulty combustion door failure that needs checking by someone with the correct knowledge and test equipment
Thankyou - so to be clear you think it sounds like the thermostat is opening as it should, at the temperature it should, so it's a genuine overheating issue?

Thanks for the heads up it could be the combustion door too. That would make sense. And, yes, putting the screwdrivers down and picking up the phone :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back