BAXI WM38 / 3RS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Can some one help me please? I live in rented accomodation n when I moved in last month he above said boiler wouldn't fire up (the pilot light is on though). An engineer came round and turned something at the bottom right of it, sprayed the area with WD40 and told me a valve had seized up, probably because it has been off for a bit. I'm on gas cards (very annoying) and the gas went off today, but since I put it back on the same problem has occured on the boiler.

The guy said it was a very simple problem and he hardly did anything and it was sorted. Is there some simple thing I could do or would I end up blowing myself up? I am going to let my agent know tomorrow but in the intrim I'm cold and can't have a shower. I'm not a happy bunny. Thank you

Sponsored Links
Hi

I've done that, but when i turn the switch on to constant it doesn't kick in. The termostate is turned up and the flame is still lit.

Is the button or dial you pushed to light the pilot fully retracted back. sometimes they can stick a little once depressed for lighting.

Sponsored Links
Its not fine its stuck !

The square green button has not come fully forward
try moving it left and right, easing it forward, or go through the motions of lighting it again
keep trying a few times

Still no good?
you'll need one of these

Multifunctional Control Valve Honeywell V4700E1056
Baxi part number 102235

Well I've wiggled it and relit it loads of times and it's no good, he did fiddle with the square screw to the right of it I'm sure, does that change things or is it definately in need of a new part? Thanks.

Is the button caught in the cover stopping it coming all the way over; sometimes easier to remove the cover on the gas valve - Just remember though; this will be LIVE!

I've wiggled it loads and if i do it too much it just cuts out cos I've pulled it out too far. Do I need an engineer or will persistence pay off eventually?

Well it turned out wiggling was the best option, I managed to get it working. Thanks to all of you that replied I really appreciate your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back