BBU Excessive hot water on gravity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,got a Baxi back boiler,gravity circs and pumped heating. Rads are OK,but hot water is excessively hot.Boiler was fitted approx 10 years ago,all has been well.
Tappings are on left hand side with boiler stat phial on right.is it possible that the spreader is partial blocked and not allowing stat to reach temp on right hand side of HE. I am contemplating moving phial to left hand side to see what happens before i strip boiler.
Has anyone else ever had this problem.Thanks

Sponsored Links
moving the phiall wont make any difference, if you have a room stat which is controlling the heating temp i think your boiler stat is knackered, something you should get attended to right away as it can burst the heat exchanger, which will result in very hot dirty water pouring out from under the boiler and a lot of damage, on hot water only after the tank is fully hot turn the stat down to 1 and see if the boiler goes out and stays out for a while, if not the stat is gone (keep heating off while doing this or you wont know which side is calling for heat)

although there is a hole in the front of the case on both sides there is not a pocket in the heat exchanger behind it
Your boiler stat needs changing if water is getting excessivelly hot

Sponsored Links
Have you tried turning the boiler stat down?

If you have turned the stat down as low as it will go and the water is still excessive then it will be a faulty boiler stat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back