Becoming an Electrician

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
for the past 3 years , I have have been studying the Electrical Installation 2360 City & Guilds. I am completing part 2 in June. Having had no work experience as a sparky, would you say there are many opportunities available to a 30 year old? And if so any possible suggestions of how to go about finding work?

Sponsored Links
Check with your local firms. See if they have any big contracts coming up or on going? Maybe they would take you on as a mate and you could gain some experience that way?

I did that. It was a few years back mind, so not sure if it still works that way. Be worth a few calls though.

Strengthen your neck muscles - you'll need these for shaking your head from side to side whilst tutting and muttering about part P, whatever that is.

I am in a similar position - what area are you hoping to get into domestic/ commercial ?

Sponsored Links
any of you guys looking for work experience in the romford area?
I have a house to rewire and need an assistant.
be good experience for u but no pay as this is diy

Hi Brightsparks. Preferably commercial but as much experience in as many areas as possible..

just so you're aware my CV will relate to a completely different line of work as I have very little electrical experience.

thats ok I`am interested in your general values in life than qualifications dont mean much to me--what one man can do so can another if you really want to--thats my belief--i think its probably right to stick my neck out here being a diy site--- I`ve always enjoyed diy in everything almost !!! and I think its true learning comes from within and the better the relationship we have with ourselves the more perceptive and intuitive we become--I have 2 girls--musicians-- luckily they understood that creativity is an expression of the soul------ da di da so i can go on and on

chuckdha said:
I have a house to rewire and need an assistant.
be good experience for u but no pay as this is diy
Neither you nor a trainee will be registered with a self-certification scheme, and so will be notifying LABC in advance.

Is yours happy with no qualified electrician being involved in a rewire?

i do like your reply-- very apt.
But yes the answer is we would both be working under supervision of a qualified electrician--sorry not to have stated that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back