Bedding a WC on a suspended floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A similar question was asked on this forum about bedding a WC onto a solid floor. I would like to know if my situation is the same. I have a back to the wall WC which is going on top of water resistant chipboard floor covered with Karndean (similar to Amtico). There is a small movement because the pan botton is not perfectly flat due to firing. There is only a 10mm rim in contact with the floor as the rest is a void. I was thinking of using Plumbers Mait to bed round the rim and then finish off externally with a bead of silicone. Would this be OK?

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't use plumbers mate, its like putty, non eleastic and it will just displace and be useless once the pan is sat on and moved.

Silicone arround the rim sounds like a good idea.

If the bottom of the pan is not flat then ask the manufacturer for advice.

IF; your any good with the silicon gun, turn the pan upside down and run a small bead round the bottom edge and allow to cure, fit pan then seal around the edge with silicon.

good idea for concrete floors as well, unless your in a hurry that is :LOL: [/u]

Sponsored Links
you can get a stick on bendy silicon seal that goes on the bottom of the pan which allows for some movement on wood or protecting the base on concrete, but I can't remember the make.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back