Bedroom Annex Change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've made some alterations to our annex bedroom and the more I think about it I worry that I would have needed some permission. Originally I thought the changes were minor enough not to warrant any, but now I'm thinking maybe I should. I've had a look on the planning portal site but there's nothing glaring (then again I'm no expert) so wanted to run it by you guys.

I've attached a pic, the before is on the left and the after is on the right.

For what its worth, originally the previous owners coverted to the left layout from a double garage. Then we've come along and changed it to the right layout.

1. We had two external doors, one of which has been bricked and a window put in place (width of the original doorway)

2. Internal (non load bearing) partition wall knocked down and another put in place (makes the utility room bigger)

3. As a result of the new partition wall the doorway into the annex bedroom has moved inwards a little and the door to the en-suite has been moved.

What do you guys think? Do I need some sort of sign off? or are the changes too minor?

I'm worried about losing the one external door, even though occupants of the bedroom could still use the other external door.

Thanks for looking

AN.jpg

Sponsored Links
You've altered (removed) the means of escape, and now made this an inner room which is not allowed under building regulations. And probably impacted on your house insurance too due to this increased and potentially unsafe risk.

Thanks for the replies.

@Ian H, yes I completely forgot. There's a large bay window on the other side. I've just uploaded another pic.

Also forgot to mention the fire door between kitchen and the back door.

Also going to have a studded wall with pocket door for the utility room.

Thanks

222.png

Sponsored Links
It's there an egress opener in the window (non lockable, big enough for a person as per the dims in the regs?)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back