Bedroom radiator not getting hot since new boiler fitted?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently had a 2nd hand oil boiler fitted and all the radiators are working fine except our bedroom, which is furthest away from the boiler. We've bled it and the pin in the TRV valve pins are going in/out ok. The inlet pipe below the valve is getting hot but the radiator is stone cold all over.

Before I ring the boiler man (again, more money) anyone have any ideas that a novice could try.

Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
Is the valve on the other end of the radiator definitely fully open?

When you push against the TRV pin, does it feel like the spring inside is trying to push it back out? (It should spring back and not just move in/out freely.)

Try turning off all the other radiators (only need to turn down the TRV on each radiator to zero, don't adjust the valves on the other end of each radiator) to see if this encourages hot water to flow only through the bedroom one.

If that does the trick, gradually bring the other radiators back on a couple at a time and see if the bedroom one continues to work.

Sponsored Links
Sorry it looks like the radiator will need to come off, then it plus the valves and pipework can be properly checked for any sludge/blockages.

Unlikely to be a customer requirement when a used boiler has been fitted.

Just a requirement under Building Regulations!

:eek: Good luck getting that one signed off with OFTEC...how old is it?

I don't see that as relevant to my original post so why post the comment.

To clarify, the boiler was checked and fitted by an OFTEC registered heating engineer who has been looking after our oil boilers for 15 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back