Brand new radiator wont get hot

Already checked the pin. Both valves were fitted as per instructions. You can feel just past the TRV and its piping hot but it just doesnt seem to move further into the radiator, if that makes sense.

Drain the radiator, and check you have a flow through it with a hose pipe.

While you have it off, open the TRV so see if you have a flow through it.

How are you opening the lockshield valve, did you remove the cap and turn the spindle.

Sponsored Links
lockshield valve - when the problems first started, i locked this right off and then did quarter turns. will try what you suggest about draining it off. how do i check to see if i have a flow through the TRV?

sorry, just realised i've done all that. drained the radiator down a few hours ago and kept the return feed pipe disconnected from the ball joint, water was flowing freely and eventually got hot, trv was open.

sorry, just realised i've done all that. drained the radiator down a few hours ago and kept the return feed pipe disconnected from the ball joint, water was flowing freely and eventually got hot, trv was open.

Have you done the same with the lockshield end.

Try filling the radiator with the TRV turned off, after you check the rad.

Sponsored Links
tried that, still no good. everything seems to be working but no heat.....

You flushed the radiator out with a hose pipe, and filled it with the TRV closed.

In that case ditch the TRV. and try it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back