bedroom storm

Yeah I would go into the loft you should be able to feel the joists below your feet but take your time I would look for any watermarks not just where the crack is but could be running to there from further up the roof. Then if can't see any visible water marks on the roof, walls, roof timbers taking photo of any suspect areas. If still can't see anything I would also check any plumbing pipes especially at the joints just in case a joint has a seep

Sponsored Links
is the wet close to or under the holes drilled in the wall for those aerials?

Is rthe end timber wet?

Water can run down a slope so it appears distant from the point of entry

not quite sure, those aerials have been there a long time. the sky one is two far front i think and the tv aerials is more so closer to the bathroom window.

would water really penetrate the aerials fixing and seep in to leave wet damp wallpaper ?

Yeah I would go into the loft you should be able to feel the joists below your feet but take your time I would look for any watermarks not just where the crack is but could be running to there from further up the roof. Then if can't see any visible water marks on the roof, walls, roof timbers taking photo of any suspect areas. If still can't see anything I would also check any plumbing pipes especially at the joints just in case a joint has a seep

feel so itchy right now. really dont wanna go back up there again today.

i think either i have to get someone in now..

.or have another go at going up again tomorrow. maybe with some wood i can clamber round. most / nearly all of the pumping up there is legacy and defunct.

its rains on most days but only on heavier rain fall it appear to come through in the bedroom. i dont know what hope i have of finding the cause.

going dig out my digi cam and see if i can get some shots of the room again. thanks again.

So we had you running outside and climbing in the loft, so what can we get you to do next, maybe stand on one leg and whistle a happy tune. ;)

Seriously though assuming the mark in the loft is damp, the problem is fairly certain to be at the roof. It may well be the flashing around the pipe that has gone and water is running down the back of the felt until it reaches the wall. It may also be that it’s only under certain wind conditions that water drives in under a gap in the tiles or flashing.

Afraid it’s roofer time, try here for a reputable tradesman.

http://www.buywithconfidence.gov.uk/sitepages/bwchome.aspx

Best wishes,
footprints

Sponsored Links
Massive thanks. Am keen to report back and tell you how it hopefully ends.

I've left a few messages with trades you linked. Guess they all earning big bucks at the moment due to the weather.

I'll happy do a song and dance once it's all fixed lol.

Cheers

So we had you running outside and climbing in the loft, so what can we get you to do next, maybe stand on one leg and whistle a happy tune. ;)

Seriously though assuming the mark in the loft is damp, the problem is fairly certain to be at the roof. It may well be the flashing around the pipe that has gone and water is running down the back of the felt until it reaches the wall. It may also be that it’s only under certain wind conditions that water drives in under a gap in the tiles or flashing.

Afraid it’s roofer time, try here for a reputable tradesman.

http://www.buywithconfidence.gov.uk/sitepages/bwchome.aspx

Best wishes,
footprints

feel so itchy right now. really dont wanna go back up there again today.

i think either i have to get someone in now..

.or have another go at going up again tomorrow. maybe with some wood i can clamber round. most / nearly all of the pumping up there is legacy and defunct.

its rains on most days but only on heavier rain fall it appear to come through in the bedroom. i dont know what hope i have of finding the cause.

going dig out my digi cam and see if i can get some shots of the room again. thanks again.
It's a rubbish job wash your hands with cool water helps not hot

Perhaps a bit late, but if you have itchy skin try not to rub it, use sticky tape pressed on and pulled off to try and remove any small bits in the skin.

Perhaps a bit late, but if you have itchy skin try not to rub it, use sticky tape pressed on and pulled off to try and remove any small bits in the skin.

i was done with it. when for a long shower.. all better now thanks

Pro tip : imperial leather..foam burst does wonders

I used to suffer very badly with the dust and fibres, I only use the mineral wool with ecose treatment now, which prevents it shedding. Made by Knauf but also sold as own brands by Wickes and I think Homebase - look for the word "ecose" on the wrapper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back