beep beep reversing bulb

Are you sure blue headlamps are illegal? I remember in my boy racer days I have coloured side lights for some reason and it failed, the comment was 'blue is the only other colour you can have forward facing as side lights' or words to that effect and I seem to remember checking in in the highway code and it was right.

But you are quite right, things like HID aftermarket kits do not conform to DoT regulations so 'should' be an MOT failure. However, whilst things are illegal to use, it's not illegal to sell, buy or own. If people want to buy something for their car that they are not allowed to use, then people will sell it to make money. If the end user decides to actually use the item in a way they are not designed, that has no concern of the seller if they have notified the user that it's illegal to use on the road.

Sponsored Links
will have to search around, but IIRC the lights allowed to be shown on a vehicle are
Front White or yellow (older import etc)
Rear: Red
Sides: amber
directional indicators amber with flash rate of 1-2/sec.
(not sure where reversing lights come in, but seeing as they dont seem to be on the MOT...)

Blue/green was not allowed, reserved for emergency services/doctors.

I got my hands slapped for blue washer jets when they were in fashion.
alot of this kit has (in very small lettering in some cases) "for off road or show use only"
don't know if they do now, as the regs for reg plates have changed since, but number plates made up with non standard spacings had a sticker on the back for this reason.

http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=61#slr seems to have a reasonable summery, with the full regs if you want a read...

thanks guys and ladies for the replys no one knoes why it wont work it is 12v 21watt the same as replaced bulb fuse :)

Sponsored Links
Back