Beeping Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I've just moved in to a new house and have an alarm panel in the garage which keeps beeping every minute. It's a Friedland SA5 Response Alarm. If I look on the panel display it says disarm ready but has a flashing light called ALARM/MEM MESSAGE. Any ideas how I stop thebeeping? I have 2 keyfobs for it which i might of pressed. Also I have a sheet from the previous owners which shows a "system House Code" is that the code to turn on/off it's shown as on/off switches? Also has a different number under DISARM section which has confused me what the difference between the 2 is?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I have that but I can't find anything about the bleeping. Also not clear on the codes. It says the houe code is used to configure the keyfobs but doesnt say that is used to arm/disarm. Also doesnt answer my disarm code query.

Think you mite need to clear the memory .
When alarm has been activated you need to clear the memory to stop the bleeping.
Look at the instructions on how to clear memory. You may be able to do this with the remote fob?

Sponsored Links
I found in the manual to press esc button to stop it which cleared the flashing alarm mem message light and stopped the beeping for a while but it’s back as before. I’m loathe to touch anything until I know what the above mentioned codes are in case I need to turn the alarm off.

Are any other lights on the control panel flashing ?
Battery light ?
Post photo of control panel as could help

No other lights. I think I need to scroll through menu to see what message there is but I don’t want to touch it until I know which code disarms it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back