Being Self employed

What always surprises me is when folk with the same MO as me, stress and hand wring when their Corp tax is due.. surely they must know approx how much it will be a set aside funds appropriately?
Yep. That’s what I do and even with my dividend payments, whenever I take them, I put 10% from them in a separate account for when my tax is due. I’d absolutely hate to get a Corp tax or personal tax bill that I didn’t have money set aside for.

Sponsored Links
There are but it that case they really should consider an umbrella company or taking all the money as a wage.
In a perfect world, everyone would have perfect circumstances, a perfect job, perfect amount of money, perfect health, perfect savings.....

Meanwhile, in the real world....

In a perfect world, everyone would have perfect circumstances, a perfect job, perfect amount of money, perfect health, perfect savings.....

Meanwhile, in the real world....

Indeed and in that perfect world they would of course get financial support too.

they should be making allowance for the bad times and not squandering the profits on holidays, latest cars, biggest TVs etc.
I agree. I'm also quietly smirking at all the cash jobbers who have been raking it in - the same boneheads that love to have the latest grey UPVC windows, grey Range Rover and slate grey slabs, with all the cash they fiddled from the taxman - the same boneheads have their curtains permanently open with the ridiculously sized tele conspicuously on display.

Pity, they should have declared their fair share (titter).

Sponsored Links
the same boneheads that love to have the latest grey UPVC windows,

hehe.
I've just demolished our 'lean to' and if, and it's a big if, my order of timber arrives next week, I'll be putting up a new one. It was on lasts years list of jobs but there just wasn't time. Got plenty of time now.
Anyway, I chuckled cos I'm thinking white windows and a light grey composite cladding from Eurocell, I might go for light green now.

squandering the profits on holidays, latest cars, biggest TVs etc.

We'll not guilty there.

Not had a foreign holiday since 2017 (which is a bit rubbish)

Car is coming up to 16 years old.

Telly is a 10 yo 42" So nothing special there.

We'll not guilty there.

Not had a foreign holiday since 2017 (which is a bit rubbish)

Car is coming up to 16 years old.

Telly is a 10 yo 42" So nothing special there.
I can trump you on all but the telly - which was begrudgingly bought

I don't have a telly

Can't afford one :sneaky:

Get constant letters from the BBC licensing mob

Must of had 10 threatening letters so far :eek:

That's the trouble with this country

They think u are a scum bag up to. No. Good
Where is the trust

Like I have not bought a licence becsuse I do not have a telly

Well I'll replace mine when the time comes with an OLED or QLED (?) Few reasons for that, fingers crossed they'll have come down in price by the time this one shuffles off it's electronics.

Secondly we watch quite a lot of films. Quite often when filmmakers make films for the cinema they don't take into account that on a non OLED TV, the contrast is completely different on a projected image to that of the TV. This means, and you may have noticed, if the film is dark and "atmospheric" it is difficult to see the picture clearly.

Try watching the non remastered version of blade runner for example.

when their Corp tax is due.. surely they must know approx how much it will be a set aside funds appropriately

Thats the thing with dividends, if you dont pay yourself as PAYE, then there is no labour cost to put in as an expense. So it increases profits and hence big corp tax bill......and sensible people should set aside the money each month to avoid a big surprise.

Actually tradesmen often quite like having the 20% CIS money deducted as they didnt have to come up with a big lump of money for the twe each year.......I used to have quite a few tradesmen that were on CIS and preferred it.

Plenty of freelancers who scrape by and don't make good money.
Yes, Ive noticed lots of contractors on a business forum who were advised to incorporate and are now going bankrupt because they cant pay their HMRC bill.

Sponsored Links
Back