Beko BL77 (7224746319) Integrated Fridge not cooling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Symptom: Beko integrated BL77 fridge doesn't get cold. Compressor seems to be working.

Given the pcb is on top of the fridge per attached pic, I dug out the insulation and could not find what I believe is the thermostat sensor as the blue wire disappears to the side of the fridge per the gap per pic.

I stuck the new thermostat sensor (part AP930X) in a punched hole between the insulation and top of the plastic fridge encasing highlighted by the orange dot in pic 1. I've snipped the existing wires of what I believe is the old thermostat and attached the wires per pic 2: existing orange to black new, existing grey to brown new temporarily (hope this is the correct polarity) as a test to see if the fridge starts cooling.

Questions:
1. Is the new location of the thermostat on the top part of the fridge plastic that's been dug to suffice to bring the fridge to cool?
2. Is the old wires to new wiring of the thermostat correct?
3. Any idea where the original thermostat sensor may be located?

After about 12hrs I think the fridge is cooling as I can see some minor droplets on the back of the fridge but can't tell in this cold weather!
Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Beko BL77 PCB Pic 1.jpg
    Beko BL77 PCB Pic 1.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Themostat Wiring for RHS blue wire on Pic 1.jpg
    Themostat Wiring for RHS blue wire on Pic 1.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Mind the gap, blue wire disapears to RHS.jpg
    Mind the gap, blue wire disapears to RHS.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 23
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back