Beko tumble dryer (DRCT 70 W) cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The dryer has just started cutting out after 5 - 10 mins of operation. The heat is on as the clothes are warm and there is steam from the clothes and if you leave it for a few minutes and press start it starts up ok but cuts out again after a few minutes.

Is there anything I can service myself on this model assuming the cause of the issue can be determined?

Added: this is a condenser dryer

Thanks,

AB

Sponsored Links
have you cleaned out all filters and checked hoses and vents are clear ??
sounds like its overheating with lack off airflow ??

Last edited:
Gave it a clean after it started to play up although hadn't cleaned it for a while. Will have another look and ensure its as clean as it can be and give it another go. Thanks

I've given it a good clean, taken the back off and vacuumed the dust out. I have noticed a couple of bars in the heating element have broken but there is still loads of heat generated. I might replace that anyway, however something else I guess is cutting out when too much heat is present - could it be the thermostat or another component?

Sponsored Links
its designed to cut in and out to stop overheating in normal operation and in fault conditions
wouldnt use it with a broken element as you dont know what damage may have been cause by the failed or failing element

Thanks again, I'll replace the heating element tomorrow and see how that affects things.

I've replaced the element and it seems to work for longer but still cuts out; it's nice and hot and only starts again when I press the start button after waiting for a few minutes.
Doesn't appear that there are many parts to go wrong or that can be replaced so I'm a bit stumped what to try next.
I've also checked airflow again and cleared filters.

is the fan working ??
you should not use it untill it works normally as it may catch fire
it is being stopped as its overheating by a safety device it that fails it will catch fire

Last edited:
The fan works, I've now replaced the heating element, front thermometer, thermal cut off gasket on the thermostat, given it a good clean - still cuts out after 10-20 mins.

Might have to admit defeat and replace the appliance as I've run out/running out of ideas or parts to replace

do you get air flow out the hose with it running ??
my thoughts as you have cleared all the filters and and hoses and the fan is running a blockage before the fan not allowing air in

I know absolutely zero about appliances - so i'll suggest something.

Just below the dryer door there is a lift off panel, and inside a pull-out arrangement.
That whole area can get jammed with fluff thats somehow missed the custom filter located above.

You've perhaps already done what i suggest & cleaned that bit out.

Funny enough, the Beko condensing dryer is the one that i had to have hands on some years ago due to it cutting out.

big-all: thanks, there isn't a vent hose on this model, however I do get air coming from the front of the machine from the vents and the fan spins fast.

ree: thanks, I have checked the pull-out condensing unit, flushed it through and cleaned as much as I can get to.

I'm wondering if I somehow need to get to another area in the machine to clear a blockage, however with spinning fans and air from vents it seems like it should be ok now, but it isn't. I might take the screwdriver to it again tonight to see what I can find however definitely running out of ideas :(

Try motor cap. Cheap to buy easy to fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back