Beko washer heating element

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a beko washer that works perfectly. It's given us 7 years of fault free service so far. Except the heating element. We haven't had one last more than about 3 months at a guess. It's a guess because the washer has never told us in any way that the element has blown. It's never tripped an rcd or a breaker or blown a fuse or given any visual indication on the display. The first we realise the heater has blown is the washer starts to smell.

So so far I've changed the element 3 times, so it's on its fourth. They are £30 a time which isnt bad and I can do it myself. The old elements always have a hot spot on them where you can see they've failed. Our water is fairly hard but come on, 3 months?! There is a layer of scale on the elements too. But this could be only there because its not worked for ages! I've never had washer heaters last so little time, and blow so discreetly (yes I do connect the earth tab to them). Could there be something other than scale that's causing them to blow?

Anything I can do without using that expensive calgon stuff?

Last time the smell was really bad so I changed the front gasket too. There's a job I don't want to do again!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back