1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Beko WTL82051 washing machine not getting up to temperature on 60c

Discussion in 'Appliances' started by gjf60, 16 Dec 2020.

1. gjf60

gjf60

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have had this Beko WTL82051 machine for about 3 months. The problem is that it doesn't get hot enough on the 60deg programme. From new I have noticed that on the 60deg cotton programme after the heater has cut out by monitoring the wattage on my smart electric meter and placing the palm of my hand on the door glass it feels much cooler than the 40deg cotton programme. I would say the temperature is in between the 20deg and 40deg cotton programme. On the 90deg programme it gets very hot so basically all the programmes seem to be getting up to temperature except the 60 deg. The length of time the heater is on on the 60deg seems to confirm this. I always use the machine with a full load. The temperature cannot be adjusted for each programme. The Beko was purchased from AOL. and still under warranty but if I get an engineer out I'm concerned I he might say he cannot find a fault and get charged.

2. jj4091

jj4091

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. gjf60

gjf60

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for your reply. I have since done another wash at 60c and then when the heater has cut out drained enough water out so that I can open the door. I then used my digital thermometer which has a waterproof probe and placed it in the water. It measured 30c. I thought this would be a more accurate way rather than measuring the door glass temperature. Do you know of what might be the cause of it not getting up to temperature on the 60c setting. It seems to me the heater is not staying on long enough. Do they used a timing component on the main board ?

5. jj4091

jj4091

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Just claim on the warranty, they will replace the machine if they can't fix it. Not your problem anymore.

6. Sponsored Links