Beko WTL82051 washing machine not getting up to temperature on 60c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had this Beko WTL82051 machine for about 3 months. The problem is that it doesn't get hot enough on the 60deg programme. From new I have noticed that on the 60deg cotton programme after the heater has cut out by monitoring the wattage on my smart electric meter and placing the palm of my hand on the door glass it feels much cooler than the 40deg cotton programme. I would say the temperature is in between the 20deg and 40deg cotton programme. On the 90deg programme it gets very hot so basically all the programmes seem to be getting up to temperature except the 60 deg. The length of time the heater is on on the 60deg seems to confirm this. I always use the machine with a full load. The temperature cannot be adjusted for each programme. The Beko was purchased from AOL. and still under warranty but if I get an engineer out I'm concerned I he might say he cannot find a fault and get charged.

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks for your reply. I have since done another wash at 60c and then when the heater has cut out drained enough water out so that I can open the door. I then used my digital thermometer which has a waterproof probe and placed it in the water. It measured 30c. I thought this would be a more accurate way rather than measuring the door glass temperature. Do you know of what might be the cause of it not getting up to temperature on the 60c setting. It seems to me the heater is not staying on long enough. Do they used a timing component on the main board ?

Just claim on the warranty, they will replace the machine if they can't fix it. Not your problem anymore.

Sponsored Links
I eventually managed to get a service engineer out and he confirmed the 30c on the 60c cotton prog. He ordered a new board and heater element. Fitted the heater element but the board was the wrong part. Put the old board back in so same as before and as expected the new heater didnt make any difference. When he came to fit another board that would not work either. The next day someone from the company called me to say that having spoken with Beko technical and he said the reason its only heating up to 30c is to get the machine to energy efficiency standards and does a longer wash to compensate for the lower temp. I pointed out that it does have a Eco 40-60c programme for that so why have a separate 60c cotton but he said he had had the same conversation with the man at Beko and a technical bulletin has been issued to all engineers so won't be ordering a new board. He said there was probably some issue with the website where he ordered the board and they got the serial numbers mixed up. So looks like I will either have to use the 90c or use the 40c and when the heater has cut out and a kettle of boiling water to get it up to 60c. So basically if you want to wash at 60c don't buy this model. I would be interested in hearing from anyone else who has had this with this model

Do they used a timing component on the main board ?

No, they use a temperature measuring component. Time would not work, because the temperature will then vary with the cold water input temperature and with the amount of load in the machine.

Seems an odd fault, my best guess is the setting switch being faulty and not telling the controller you want 60C.

If the machine is not doing what you were led to believe it would do when you bought it & Beko cannot resolve the problem then it is not as described & you should be entitled to a refund I would have thought.

Beko technical and he said the reason its only heating up to 30c is to get the machine to energy efficiency standards and does a longer wash to compensate for the lower temp.
All lies.
If it has the option for a particular temperature, then that is the temperature it should get to.
There can't be any fault with the heater or the temperature sensor because the 90C wash works properly.

It's very likely that the board in that particular machine has defective firmware, in that it's been programmed incorrectly, and they don't want to admit it as that would cause 1000s of them to either require repair or be returned at huge expense.

Beko machines are crap if you want the correct temperature. Measured it with multiple methods.

Also the LG, returned it to the store. It goes up to 72C, on 95C program All other temp settings were also fake.

They all simply lie the customers about it, just to get good energy ratings. They should all get a class action lawsuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back