Belfast bonfires

Sponsored Links
It always annoys me when they burn the tri colour as they are burning their own colour as recognised by the Irish.

It would annoy me if I lived in one of those houses that are going to lose their electricity because some divvis want to light a fire.

That would keep a few wood burners going.
Or foxhole could make about 10,000 garden chairs.

Sponsored Links
Without being over critical, I did a motorbike tour of the east N.I coast a couple of years ago, and I'm really sorry to say I wasn't happy there.....
Kicking off in Larne (eating out in a burnt out / rebuilt Chinese restaurant)
up to Port something at the top....Devils Causeway, a curious rope bridge over to an island etc. That was pleasant.
I was amazed at the available holiday accommodation up the coast (all empty). There wasn't anywhere to have lunch.
I was shouted at (in gaelic) at a fuel station by a drunken attendant (11 am) for only getting £19 worth of petrol instead of £20....I said keep the change.
Having a shooting iron pointed at me on cruising by the Masserrene Barracks wasn't nice either.
It wasn't the best introduction to N.I, I have to say.
This is absolutely no intention of stirring anything, or anyone.....just what I found.
John :)

You must have had English plates or a union jack showing.
Not very clever.

Well, I was on my english motorbike, and the plate has a GB symbol.....not sure what I could do about that!
All I'm saying is that the evidence of the troubles - about which I know nothing - are still there and I didn't expect it.

The GB symbol is another give away. As I said not very clever.
Irish hatred for the English is still as strong as ever.

The pound tip you gave was an insult. You don't tip the Irish.
That's an American fad.

Irish hatred for the English is still as strong as ever.

Maybe in your part of the world but not in Dublin. Nobody would give a second thought to seeing a GB plate or hearing an English accent.

Why would they anyway? Half of us have lived in Britain at some point or have relations there. Plenty of English people living here too and lots of inter-marriages.

A luck penny is different.
If you weren't so tight they wouldn't need to ask. :LOL:

Wellllll I'm just back from a quick tour of the Mull of Kintyre and Arran, where the welcome was as wonderful as the scenery and they were delighted to take my money.
I mean, without tourism, what is there?

Don't tip the irish? Why do the ***** ask for a tenner back for luck?.not that they get it of me.

Cos you're a tight git. Do the decent thing and fill her up the next time, and you mightn't get asked for a tenner.

really sorry abut those incidents. i have been to northern ireland few times and it is simply gorgeous.

Sponsored Links
Back