boss wheres the concrete gone?

Sponsored Links
Looking at those pictures I'm surprised they can get it sorted out by Friday morning.
Respect where it's due.

yeah i agree,would that stuff be rapid hardening aswell?

and wont power washing it away cause damage to the boxes etc?
bet they blame it on the tea boy/girl.

It's a fair bet there's a few sphincters twitching, on the contractors working on the Victoria line ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Wrong sort of concrete on the line.

I note the RMT union are quick to get some capital out of this.

Weird way to sort it out.

They used sugar before it had set. Obviously someone has brains to know what to do in a situation like this. Apparently just 0.04% sugar will alter the time of cement setting by up to double the original. i.e. Concrete that is mixed to set in one hour will take 2 hours if the correct amount of sugar is added.

Clever stuff eh? :LOL:

Weird way to sort it out.

They used sugar before it had set. Obviously someone has brains to know what to do in a situation like this. Apparently just 0.04% sugar will alter the time of cement setting by up to double the original. i.e. Concrete that is mixed to set in one hour will take 2 hours if the correct amount of sugar is added.

Clever stuff eh? :LOL:

Does anyone know how they got it out, did it have to be shoveled, or could the pipe it out? Presume they then did a lot of washing and wet&dry vacing on an industrial scale before checking and drying it all!

Daniel

I imagine they just got in there with shovels.

All the equipment will have been replaced.

Sponsored Links
Back