Tram Crash: Fatalities

Sponsored Links
Seems the driver has been held to blame for this tragedy yet we're still waiting for the outcome of the Shoreham air show disaster. Is this a cover-up in the making?

The tram driver, 42, from Beckenham, has been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter.

British Transport Police said they were investigating whether he fell asleep.

Thats an ongoing investigation - not being held to blame, there is an ongoing investigation into Shoreham, an interim report was released in March 2016

With Shoreham , is that the one where the aircraft investigation people are refusing to release their report to the police? Isn't that a bit iffy?

Sponsored Links
My friend in the area tells me the pilot is still out and about in his Porsche. Hope he's a better driver than pilot.

When the results of the investigation are published that might be the time to point fingers, why does the apparent "fact" that he drives a German built car become relevant, do you have an axe to grind?

Why so touchy? I expect you drive a BMW? Point my friend was making was that he's swanning around and not keeping a low profile.

Is he driving round town tooting his horn or just going about his business, I am not touchy just bemused that by driving a Porsche is some way of sticking two fingers up at the victims

I wonder is this is one of those cases where the importance of finding out the truth, and getting people to speak frankly and honestly, means their statements are given under privilege?

Otherwise they might refuse to say anything, which would be no help.

I did hear the tram-driver's mobile phone records have been requisitioned.

Crystal Ball, I'll have to ask my friend why the Porsche is relevant but maybe if you'd lost a loved one due to a pilot's apparent negligence , you'd rather see the pilot in a coffin or a wheelchair than in a Porsche ? I would. I'd imagine the delay in finalising the investigation is delaying compensation payments. At least they know where he lives to give his Porsche a brake fluid shampoo.
Someone has said if the tram driver ever shows his face on the New Addington estate he'll be lucky to get out alive. Unless of course he drives a Porsche!
If this accident was due to the driver being on his mobile , maybe that will finally teach people they can't drive and use a mobile at the same time. Wouldn't you think there'd be some sort of speed limiter system in place at sharp bends?

So you do have an axe to grind, if the pilot is guilty of negligence he should be brought to justice, advocating vandalism is not the way forward, neither is mob justice in the tram case, do you think either party is going to be exonerated?

Sponsored Links
Back