This should cause a few accidents

Sponsored Links
Personally, I've nothing against sensible cyclists. However, the ones that think they own the road (despite paying no road tax) deserve no respect from me. I'm just waiting to see one go steaming through a red light and come a cropper. It won't be me stopping to pick them up.

GOV.UK
Rules for cyclists (59 to 82)

You MUST obey all traffic signs and traffic light signals.
Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD reg 10(1)

;)

:rolleyes:

Traffic lights are not mandatory for cyclists, they are optional.

Your just jealous us cyclists can ignore them, whilst you have to sit there waiting....waiting.

Ignore the troll he is a mind numbing idiot.

You MUST NOT

carry a passenger unless your cycle has been built or adapted to carry one
hold onto a moving vehicle or trailer
ride in a dangerous, careless or inconsiderate manner
ride when under the influence of drink or drugs, including medicine.
Law RTA 1988 sects 24, 26, 28, 29 & 30 as amended by RTA 1991

source

what a bell end!!

To the previous poster who believes that red lights do not apply to cyclists, please pull out in front of a 44-tonne wagon doing 40 mph through (his) green light on a rural crossroads. You will soon find out who has right of way! That is, of course, if you are not spread all over the road!

Sponsored Links
(despite paying no road tax)

You don’t have to pay vehicle tax on following types of vehicle.

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-exempt-from-car-tax

Also "New cars emitting less than 100g/km are exempt from road tax – so we rate them all, from A-Z"

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-reviews/14337/tax-free-cars#ixzz2S4dGXU68

This is also a stupid argument, since when is the amount you pay relevant to how much "rights" you have on the road, this is not Russia.

(wiki on society of blue buckets) Blue flashing lights can nowadays be seen not only on senior government officials' vehicles, but on cars of businessmen and celebrities like Nikita Mikhalkov, many of whom acquire the flashing lights via clandestine channels and/or bribes.

Ignore the troll (then directly spends time trying to refute the trolls argument)

You been trolled :LOL:

To the previous poster who believes that red lights do not apply to cyclists, please pull out in front of a 44-tonne wagon

I wouldn't do that at a junction, so why would I do that at traffic lights?

Could it be that If I see no traffic it's safe to go, OH NO WAIT a red light says NO, must obey the red light..........

Nothing wrong with cyclists jumping red lights, they are not mandatory for cyclists, not even the police care to arrest them cus that's reality.

GOV.UK
Rules for cyclists (59 to 82)

;)

:rolleyes:

Traffic lights are not mandatory for cyclists, they are optional.

Your just jealous us cyclists can ignore them, whilst you have to sit there waiting....waiting.

A bit like motorcyclists who want car/van/lorry drivers to give them space on the roads and treat them "just like a small car". That is, until there's a traffic queue and they don't want to sit in it "just like a small car" would have to....

The only space I want when I'm on my motorbike is space to overtake, when I pass the chances are you will not see me again, so I will not impede your progress, 99% of car drivers make room for us to pass, there are some who deliberately position themselves to try and bar us from overtaking, my reply to this is to knock their mirror off as I thread my way through!!

To the previous poster who believes that red lights do not apply to cyclists, please pull out in front of a 44-tonne wagon doing 40 mph through (his) green light on a rural crossroads. You will soon find out who has right of way! That is, of course, if you are not spread all over the road!

You're referring to white van man now.. that's their favorite trick!!

They work on holland because cyclists have r.o.w there.

Google says;

In Amsterdam about 6 people die in bike-related accidents yearly.
16 million Dutch own 18 million bikes.

As opposed to 19,000 killed and injured in the UK.

Road-going cyclists are the blood suckers of the everyday, decent, tax-paying motorist.

Bloody dangerous, selfish freeloaders. Get off the highway you bums.

They work on holland because cyclists have r.o.w there.

The real reason is that Dutch cyclists have common sense and are not arrogant like British cyclists.

I would say arrogant like British road users, or a decently small proportion of them.

Whichever way you spin it, dangerous drivers are more prevalent.

LastMagicBean said:
My way.... they would still be alive.

You mean coppers arresting children for cycling :LOL:

So, AaronSearle, you think red lights do not apply to cyclists. Read the Highway Code, and do it before venturing out again! You also say that the police do not prosecute. This is the fault of the police, and they are guilty of dereliction of duty if they fail to deal with red-light jumpers. I recall some time ago an arrogant little twerp of a cyclist was pulled over and given a fixed penalty for something like jumping a red light. He refused to pay, went to court, stating that as a cyclist he was not subject to the same rules as those using mechanically propelled vehicles, but nevertheless, was convicted and received an even larger penalty. Shame he wasn't sent to gaol for six months, the arrogant swine!

Pred, no, I am not referrring to the White Van Man. I work in an office which overlooks a major roundabout in the city. Last year a cyclist ignored a red light, and was struck by an HGV. If cyclists will not abide by the rules, then they must expect to be killed.

Sponsored Links
Back