Crime Update

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Strange how a few years ago, an asylum seeker would have meant a lunatic looking for somewhere to live. ;);)

Regarding the question about research into why certain groups are less law abiding, I would not phrase the question in such terms. There is research into why some groups have better educational attainment, or a greater prevalence of criminal behaviour. As said, Chinese do well, Pakistanis not well, Indians well, so called poor whites do badly. Gypsies do the worst, with a massively disproportionate prison population, and perhaps not just because they are more likely to get caught, but due to very low educational attainment. And perhaps an acceptwnce of criminality as normal, although that remark will get the bleeding heart liberals wailing out loud. Cultural factors are surely the key reason. Nothing to do with genetics. Interestingly blacks do much better in the West Indies than here, if I recall correctly, with a much higher prevalence of schizophrenia here, due perhaps to the impact of racism i.e persecution does exist, and causes psychosis. Sad really.

Regarding the question about research into why certain groups are less law abiding, I would not phrase the question in such terms.
I fully understand that, these days, it is very important to phrase your questions and statements very carefully. There is always the 'professionally offended' section of society (almost always of a different ethnic origin from that under discussion).

I have always believed in calling a spade a spade (no pun intended, I assure you) yet without the intention of causing offence. The trouble with dressing up our language is the possibility of losing clarity of meaning. It's a shame that people - with every good intention - are obliged to do that.

i think people in general have lost the plot and the argument when they make assumptions fully based on no more than appearance or demeanor

Gypsies do the worst, with a massively disproportionate prison population, and perhaps not just because they are more likely to get caught, but due to very low educational attainment.
Do you mean Gypsies ( romany ) or itinerant travellers ?

The few true Gypsies I have met have been honest and caring people. Itinerant travellers are very different.

i think people in general have lost the plot and the argument when they make assumptions fully based on no more than appearance or demeanor
There are some people that will always judge someone based on their colour, whether good or bad, they hate them. They are known as racists.

Then there are the people that are not racist but feel the need to counter the ridiculous laws and one-sided guide lines put in place by the do-gooders. That is known as frustration. Institutions such as the BBC are instrumental in pushing their reversed racist views onto the general public and the general public are sick of it.

I was watching a drama the other day (on the BBC) where a policeman asked a woman to describe her attacker. She replied that he was male, about six feet tall and 'dark'. Ah! 'dark' hair I thought but it turns out she meant black. Why couldn't she have just said black.

It seems that the word black can be used in some circumstances and not others. You can use the word when it is associated with achievement such as: Johnny is the most successful black singer but you can't say that Johnny is the most prolific black offender. A white person's achievement is seen as a personal triumph, whereas a black person's achievement is seen as a triumph for black people everywhere. Obviously I can see why that is the case because black people throughout history have been persecuted but hopefully times have and need to move on.

A post on a forum could mention the fat bloke who lives down the road who has t^ts bigger than Dolly Parton. We could all have a good laugh about that even though it would be offensive towards the fat bloke. But mention a faux black accent and the thread gets pulled,

The man in the video is black and committed a crime - Do gooders get over it.

Then there are the people that are not racist but feel the need to counter the ridiculous laws and one-sided guide lines put in place by the do-gooders. That is known as frustration. Institutions such as the BBC are instrumental in pushing their reversed racist views onto the general public and the general public are sick of it.
Exactly my feelings.
What the BBC and others like them probably don't realise is the problems they are creating by doing just this. Creating ill-feelings is not going to do much for race relations.

Sponsored Links
Back