This should cause a few accidents

Sponsored Links
Where are they going to magic up the space to widen roundabouts?

besides . . . London cyclists are idiots and should start obeying red lights first before they get any concessions.

besides . . . London cyclists are idiots and should start obeying red lights first before they get any concessions.

Not just London, I assure you. Certainly around Manchester and probably everywhere. They are, in effect, above the law.

Sponsored Links
I'm a cyclist but I agree with the general consensus on here - these look like a bad idea - a waste of money and unlikely to make things better as far as I can see.

As said above, the biggest problem is the way that people drive and the way that cyclist ride, nothing to do with the road layout.

Where are they going to magic up the space to widen roundabouts?

Red lights are not mandatory for cyclists, they are optional.

GOV.UK
Rules for cyclists (59 to 82)

You MUST obey all traffic signs and traffic light signals.
Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD reg 10(1)

;)

GOV.UK

;)

:rolleyes:

Traffic lights are not mandatory for cyclists, they are optional.

Your just jealous us cyclists can ignore them, whilst you have to sit there waiting....waiting.

GOV.UK

;)

Your just jealous us cyclists can ignore them, whilst you have to sit there waiting....waiting.

A bit like motorcyclists who want car/van/lorry drivers to give them space on the roads and treat them "just like a small car". That is, until there's a traffic queue and they don't want to sit in it "just like a small car" would have to....

GOV.UK

;)

I shall treat that crass reply with the contempt it deserves!! :LOL:

And another crass reply, you are good at these. Hope you ride your bike as good.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I am a very safe cyclist.

When a car beeps at me from behind, I assume it is to warn me I am cycling dangerously close to the curb and far to fast, I thank them and then cycle slowly in the center of the road, it is very considerate of these drivers.

That sounds like fun for you. You should try that at night, it may give you a better kick especially if you cover any lights or reflectors. Happy landings :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back