Tram Crash: Fatalities

If this accident was due to the driver being on his mobile , maybe that will finally teach people they can't drive and use a mobile at the same time.

There was a polish lorry driver the other day who mowed down an entire family whilst using a mobile.
Would incidents like that happening every week teach people to stop using mobile phones whilst driving? Of course it won't.

Hefty fines, jail sentences and being banned from using mobile phones would be a start.

Sponsored Links
Trams are dangerous, only highly qualified and most competent gas safe engineers should be allowed to drive them. rest of us are just idiots!:evil:

Why are you quoting this case, the investigation is in its early stages
The tram case? It does seem all the reports so far indicate the driver being to blame. I was surprised this info was coming so soon after the event
Re the Porsche comments , I think if I'd killed several people through my negligence I'd want to keep a low profile and probably move away from the area. I certainly wouldn't want to bump into the relatives of the deceased. Life seems to be carrying on as normal for him but not for them.
My freshly ground axe is for BMW and 4x4 drivers but that's a different topic.

Sponsored Links
It does seem all the reports so far indicate the driver being to blame

The cause was almost certainly excessive speed round the curve. What is not yet known for certain is why the tram was travelling too fast for the curve. It might be due to driver error or the driver being taken ill. It might have been a failure of the tram's speed control with the accident happening before the driver could over ride the system and apply emergency brakes.

The tram case? It does seem all the reports so far indicate the driver being to blame. I was surprised this info was coming so soon after the event
Re the Porsche comments , I think if I'd killed several people through my negligence I'd want to keep a low profile and probably move away from the area. I certainly wouldn't want to bump into the relatives of the deceased. Life seems to be carrying on as normal for him but not for them.

I meant the post above about the truck driver, you seem to think the pilot is guilty of negligence before the investigation and any subsequent trial, why should he move away, I doubt his life is carrying on as normal either.

Also you have the tram driver guilty before any investigation

Whats the big deal about drivers of certain cars?

The truck driver? Hasn't he been found guilty ? The pilot was reported to have been doing something he shouldn't have been ( I forget exactly what ) The tram driver seems to have been judged to be at fault already although he's giving it the classic " falling asleep " excuse although you would expect him to turn up fit for work so he could still be to blame if he did fall asleep. Reminds me of an episode of Aircrash Investigation on Nat Geo.
I'm not wasting my time on pointless debate on cars/ their drivers with you.

Yes the truck driver was found guilty and imprisoned, by a court of law, why the poster brought it up is a mystery to me it does not seems relevant.

You say the pilot was reported to have been doing something he shouldn't, no evidence, no source just something you heard, I would hope the DPP is building a stronger case than that

You say the tram driver has been judged to have been at fault, by whom? a kangaroo court, or more likely the gutter press.

It was you who brought up the cars /drivers subject-I am totally bemused by that one

Trams are dangerous, only highly qualified and most competent gas safe engineers should be allowed to drive them. rest of us are just idiots!:evil:

Fook mate. You are mental. Gas plumbers drive Bimmers/Audis/hot hatch V W's surely, not trams?

Wow you are like BMW ist!!!

What car do you drive? (y)

Sponsored Links
Back