This should cause a few accidents

You have to ask yourself when at the traffic lights:

Would I like a cyclist to be sitting right in front of my bonnet right now preventing me from accelerating away?

Or would I prefer he gets out of the way so I can pass him easily up the road?

It's in YOUR interest that we do it.

It's not in my interest I am a cyclist myself and when I am driving I always give them as much room as I possibly can. In Germany there is a 3metre exclusion zone when overtaking cyclist.
In this country people don't even make the effort to go accross the white line if traffic is coming the other way they just squeeze past with inches to spare.

Personally I would like to see a rule that says your two outside wheels have to cross the white line to overtake a cyclist.

Sponsored Links
Road tax?

Behave . . I was cycling the other year and a motorist had to wait to get past DUE TO TRAFFIC COMING THE OTHER WAY on a country road... when overtaking me he moaned and made the classic . . 'I pay road tax' argument.
I had three taxed vehicles in my driveway I actually paid more road tax a year than he did.

Nonsense.

It matters not a jot how many taxed cars are parked on your driveway.
The vehicle you are on the road with, is not taxed insured or checked for any kind of roadworthiness.

It's like saying I have ten vehicles, nine are taxed but the one i choose to drive on a daily basis isn't, I pay enough for the others. It's b*llocks.

Get off the highway you freeloading bums.

You're right. It matters not how many vehicles you have.

Get off this forum you free-loading troll.

You're an attention-seeker. There's something very wrong with your life when all you want to do is to try and upset everyone by trolling.

You're just showing yourself up.

the same reason stupid women breast feed in restaraunts.

Do not go there mdf.

I thoroughly support breastfeeding in public.

It's often got absolutely nothing to do with doing it because they can.

Most women breast feed in open public places because they do not want to be stuck in a "feeding room".

They are tiny, often dreadfully smelly rooms with no natural light or ventilation. "Feeding rooms often double as nappy changing rooms where there is often either a toilet or a vile smelly nappy bin. Murphy's law says this bin is overflowing.

Face it mate: if you were asked to eat your food in there, would you?

Sponsored Links
You're right. It matters not how many vehicles you have.

Get off this forum you free-loading troll.

You're an attention-seeker. There's something very wrong with your life when all you want to do is to try and upset everyone by trolling.

You're just showing yourself up.

I'm genuinely upset you felt the need to write that.

I've never intentionally upset anyone. Really p*ss poor thing to say.

You have. You've upset me. Intentionally.

You know you are doing it.

You must.

You are not oblivious to the responses you get from your posts.

On the contrary, I believe you make these posts to try to get certain responses.

You have done it repeatedly recently.

What other conclusion can one draw?

You know that cyclists have every right to be on a public road. They are not freeloading bums. Pedestrians, animals and cyclists were on public roads long before any mechanically propelled vehicle.

So why antagonise?

Same with cats. The laws surrounding animals are long-standing. No-one expects anyone to go around clearing up after a cat. As a cat owner, you are not required to. A cat holds a unique position in law in that the owner of the cat is not held to be responsible for the consequences of any trespass by the cat. It is an offence to put down poison or set snares for a cat.

You have posted plenty of antagonistic comments in the cats thread.

Can you HONESTLY say now that you've never intentionally upset anyone?

You have. You've upset me. Intentionally.

You know you are doing it.

You must.

You are not oblivious to the responses you get from your posts.

On the contrary, I believe you make these posts to try to get certain responses.

You have done it repeatedly recently.

What other conclusion can one draw?

You know that cyclists have every right to be on a public road. They are not freeloading bums. Pedestrians, animals and cyclists were on public roads long before any mechanically propelled vehicle.

So why antagonise?

Same with cats. The laws surrounding animals are long-standing. No-one expects anyone to go around clearing up after a cat. As a cat owner, you are not required to. A cat holds a unique position in law in that the owner of the cat is not held to be responsible for the consequences of any trespass by the cat. It is an offence to put down poison or set snares for a cat.

You have posted plenty of antagonistic comments in the cats thread.

Can you HONESTLY say now that you've never intentionally upset anyone?

I've never read such nonsense since Martian fell off the wagon that time. :LOL: :LOL:

Everything you have just written is completely wrong. You make it up as you go along.
The truth is you've got the hump because I happen to have strong opinions on cat owners and cyclists, Both of which YOU ARE.

Live with it you nobcake. Discussion is all about opinions, like 'em or not.

You all know that "road tax" was abolished in 1937, right?

To summarise:
Some cyclists ride like muppets.
Some drivers drive like muppets.

Consequence of someone riding like a muppet - some poor driver ends up having killed someone for no fault of their own.
Consequence of driving like a muppet - you end up with a dent and a hike in insurance, someone else ends up dead.

Solution:
Neither ride or drive like a muppet.

I cycle, and wait at lights like i'm supposed to. I expect you cars to not try and ram me off the road, drive inches from my bumper beeping your horn or passing with inches to spare (or less, ive been hit by wing mirrors on more than one occasion) so that you can reach the next junction ten seconds faster. I've as much right to be there as you.
I drive, and if its not safe to pass a cyclist by putting a good 6ft between me and them i wait my turn, same as i would overtaking a tractor, another car etc. I dont find it has a material impact on my journey time.

Unfortunately muppets exist. I'd like them not to - i'd advocate periodic driving re-tests, and compulsory cycle tests and insurance, but until that day, seperating them as much as possible seems a good thing to me.

LMB, you have lost the argument.

If you have to resort to insults, you've lost the argument. Simple.

As for everything I've written is completely wrong, it is not. Look it up.

As for what you have written, YOU are wrong. I am not a cyclist. Any more.

And I owe you an apology because............???

I sincerely hope you overcome your upset, BTW.

Discussion is indeed all about opinion, my dear friend.

But unfortunately a great quantity of what you post is not opinion.

LMB, you have lost the argument.

If you have to resort to insults, you've lost the argument. Simple.

As for everything I've written is completely wrong, it is not. Look it up.

As for what you have written, YOU are wrong. I am not a cyclist. Any more.

And I owe you an apology because............???

I sincerely hope you overcome your upset, BTW.

Discussion is indeed all about opinion, my dear friend.

But unfortunately a great quantity of what you post is not opinion.

You're becoming more nonsensical as the night goes on. :LOL:

Look, can you point out a link to the legislation in place, whereby faulty brakes and bald tyres on cycles are checked, prior to taking to the highway. No you can't, it doesn't exist.

Why aren't you insured like decent people.????

Look, can you point out a link to the legislation in place, whereby faulty brakes and bald tyres on cycles are checked, prior to taking to the highway. No you can't, it doesn't exist.

OH PLEASE WHY WON'T THE GOVERNMENT DO SOMETHING!

What a prize turnip you are :LOL:

It's like saying I have ten vehicles, nine are taxed but the one i choose to drive on a daily basis isn't, I pay enough for the others. It's b*llocks.

I'd say it's b*llocks you have to pay more than 1 road tax, unless you have the ability to drive more than one vehicle at a time, how does it make sense?

Get off the highway you freeloading bums.

As mentioned before, the "I pay more tax" argument is retarded, look up the "society of blue buckets" to see why that attitude is stupid.

Sponsored Links
Back