Bench saw stopped working. How to fix it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a table saw which has stopped working.smoked once from the relay.

Now if I try to restart it. Motor goes very slow if switched kept pressed in otherwise if just pushed motor goes for a second and stops.

Can the relay be repaired or need to be replaced?

I have attached photos of the relay. I also was not able to find replacement in the UK.

Attachments

• 20210423_154541.jpg
    20210423_154541.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 169
  • 20210423_154546.jpg
    20210423_154546.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 168
Sponsored Links
I would say you need a replacement relay. If you try repairing it you may cause more damage to the saw motor circuits.
If the new relay doesn't solve the problem I would suggest getting a whole new unit.

I would say you need a replacement relay. If you try repairing it you may cause more damage to the saw motor circuits.
If the new relay doesn't solve the problem I would suggest getting a whole new unit.

Thanks. That's the first option. Any idea where I could get a compatible replacement?

If there are any markings/information on the relay have a look at RS or Farnell.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it's the relay?
How are the carbon brushes doing?

Did not check it but pressing the green bottom motor start and stops once bottom released. If Was brushes motor would not start right?

Yes, you need the information on the first photo. The second photo showing D9709 is simply the batch or operator number. You need the white label information.

Anyone know how to check if the problem is the relay itself or something else before spending extra money on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back