Table saw problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Putting some 50mm timber through my 2HP table saw and taking my time it suddenly cut out...I wasn't overdoing it and eased off whenever I thought the blade was working too hard...not a case of overheating.
The motor wouldn't restart and not being a techy type I thought I'd at least check the fuse in the 3 pin plug.I put a new 13amp in and it fired up. After about an hours use later I pressed the green start button, the blade jumped and the fuse blew again. I tried a 3 amp fuse and this blows immediately...a 13amp a bit longer....Does this sound like a faulty on/off switch?....thanks.

PS....the handbook states this if it's any help...
Safety is the No.1 importance and this machine is controlled through a No Volt Release control switch with emergency stop protection.

Sponsored Links
Take the plate off around he blade, check waste has not blocked it, my saw kept cutting out and found damp sawdust had accumulated meaning it was running with a 'brake' on.

Push the blade round with a piece of stick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back