benchgrinder wheels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a bench grinder with, as best as I can measure it, a 13mm driving shaft. I wish to fit a grinding wheel with a 32mm central hole. Is there a sort of conversion kit I can use?

Advice would be appreciated, please.

Sponsored Links
The spindle of your grinder is likely to be 12.7mm. Have you checked out Machine Mart or similar?
Whatever you do, find the exact reducing bush - using a bench grinder out of balance is seriously dangerous!
John :)

as best as I can measure it, a 13mm driving shaft. I wish to fit a grinding wheel with a 32mm central hole

As John says, it's likely to be 1/2 inch, and the 32mm bore wheel you refer to is probably actually 1¼ inches (31.75mm).

http://www.axminster.co.uk/grinding-wheel-reduction-bushes-ax29710

Personally, I would want to check them both with a digital caliper before ordering anything. Ask whoever you are buying the wheel from if they can supply one, even the cheapo Silverline grinding wheels on eBay come with 3 different size bushes included.

Gaz :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
So sorry not to have replied sooner. I'm having the devil of a job with my computer operating system, something I suspect that others don't experience.
Anyway, I sent off for the Faithful set which fitted quite well. I did have to drill out a couple of washers to get the wheel tightened up but that's a small matter.

Thanks for helping out. Good luck and a Happy Christmas to the three of you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back