Bending pipe rather than fitting joints????

:rolleyes: Why do so many people feel the need to slag off that pipework... So long as it meets regs and doesn't leak who give a flying f**k!!

Exactly

Come on all you guys slagging this fellas work, there is nothing wrong with it at all.

You lot need to get a grip, how would you feel if you stuck this in and the custard said rip it out its crap?

If someone was qualified enough to judge my work, then maybe they should be picking up a blowtorch and a set of benders and cracking on themselves........... thought not! :evil:

Sponsored Links
Too many armchair pundits on this forum, it does the industry no good for a bunch of fellas to sit at home and rip some fellas work to bits when its of a decent standard.

that would be fair comment gasman if it was of a decent standard.
Sorry but if you post a picture as an example of how to bend etc and it's of that standard, your asking for it really.

:rolleyes: Why do so many people feel the need to slag off that pipework... So long as it meets regs and doesn't leak who give a flying f**k!!

And as for this comment "if i inspected the pipework in the pic i would demand it was removed and tidied up" get over yourself mate

i stand by what i said, that pipework is way below a standard i would fit and accept from somebody i was paying to work for me, your reputation is built on what you do, and that pipework is building a rep i dont want, the guy posted the pic as a reply to someone asking about fitting pipes so i assume he thinks the pipes are fine i dont,

Sponsored Links
To quote, "Judge not, lest ye be judged........."
Everyone is an expert in bending and soldering copper pipe now, eh?

Good grief!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

put me in that list as i am an expert in bending pipes and soldering, although my training started in feb 1978 (thats almosty bang on 33yrs now aaaahhhh) and i have worked damned hard and practiced many times to get to such a high standard, for that i make no apology

And as for this comment "if i inspected the pipework in the pic i would demand it was removed and tidied up" get over yourself mate

Andy, be honest, if you were working with me on a job and came downstairs to see those pipes would you say anything or let them go, remember when the customer turns round to pay would you accept their hard earned cash for this standard, and more to the point would you be happy to be one of the chancers who fitted the heating, i wouldnt

:rolleyes: Why do so many people feel the need to slag off that pipework... So long as it meets regs and doesn't leak who give a flying f**k!!And as for this comment "if i inspected the pipework in the pic i would demand it was removed and tidied up" get over yourself mate

and we wonder why the trade is getting pelters, TRADESMEN care thats who, do you not take pride in your work, ok nobody is perfect far from it, but if the short sections of visible pipework are mince what are the rest like?

This is far too "form over function". It's good to have nice looking pipework but it isn't absolutly necessary and when time / cost is an issue (which it most often is) it's the first thing to go. Not many customers actually care anyway!

You may be right to say that messy pipework is possibly an indication of a generally poor installation but that isn't always be the case. I'm not sure who it was that posted the picture but this is a DIY website and if it was a DIYer's work then it's actually pretty good.

I don't know about everyone else but I don't always have the time / money to take pride in the appearance of my pipework.

This is far too "form over function". It's good to have nice looking pipework but it isn't absolutly necessary and when time / cost is an issue (which it most often is) it's the first thing to go. Not many customers actually care anyway!

You may be right to say that messy pipework is possibly an indication of a generally poor installation but that isn't always be the case. I'm not sure who it was that posted the picture but this is a DIY website and if it was a DIYer's work then it's actually pretty good.

I don't know about everyone else but I don't always have the time / money to take pride in the appearance of my pipework.

i agree with what you are saying, but the point of my post was the OP put the picture up in response to someone else by way of saying "this is how to do it" and i dont think the pipes in the pic are good, yes we all have pipes in that arent great and possibly should come back out but there is no time/money to do it, but the pipes under the boiler and into the rad are the only ones the customer sees, and im sure if you fitted these pipes you must have other pics of other pipes you cpould have posted rather than this one

I'm with you Andy - why spend ages fannying around trying to get perfection when the customer doesn't really care , as long as it of a decent standard and does not leak, what's the problem? These are hard times gents, you need to use your head to earn money, rather than spend hours attaining perfection that only you care about.

Anyone who puts pics up is asking for a slating, cos this is the industry standard thing to do , sad as it is. And Kirkgas saying he'd insist on it being ripped out? are you having a laugh?

Next time I want my post hijacking I'll ask!

Sorry fella!

I wouldn't worry too much about a few creases as copper is pretty maleable. If it doesn't leak right away then it probably never will. Personally i'd use soldered fittings anyway.

Agreed, but the picture was not posted by the OP.

I have now and again had the odd crease, and certainly would never throw the pipe away, not at todays prices.

If those pipes were done by a DIYr, well done. If a pro did them, maybe he was in a hurry. :LOL: Time is money. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back