BEOK Thermostat Installation

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi all,

I wasn't sure if I should post this here, or in the "Outside the UK" section. But I think this one might be more relevant.

I'm currently living and working in Madrid, and I wanted to replace our existing Saunier Duval thermostat (battery powered) with a BEOK 313 WIFI one, so I can control the heat when I am away from the house.

The problem is, I only seem to have 2 wires that are connected to the existing Saunier Duval thermostat, as you can see here:

thermo 1.jpg

I'm no expert, so I'm not 100% sure what these are. But I've traced them back to the boiler PCB, and given that the unit itself is battery powered, I guess they are the sensors coming from the boiler?

The new BEOK thermostat looks like this:

thermo 2.jpg

So my guess is that the brown and blue wires in the first picture are supposed to go into the 1 & 2 sockets (Close & Open) on the BEOK thermostat? Is that correct, or am I totally missing the point?

There is also no direct power feed in the wall behind the existing thermostat, so I went a bit McGyver on it, cut apart an old PC power cord, and wired up the Live and Neutral connections to the 3 & 4 port on the BEOK thermostat above. Amazingly, that actually worked and the unit powered up! After connecting to the phone app, everything seemed ok! Then, as a test, I cranked the temperature up on the phone app to see if the boiler would kick into action .... and BOOM ... the electrics to the apartment tripped out!

I reset the fuse, tried again, and the electrics immediately tripped again. Now, as soon as I plug the unit it, the electrics trip again!

I know my AC Wiring method isn't really the right way to do things, but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything obvious. I think it's clear to see that I am pretty new to all this, so any advice would be much appreciated. Maybe I simply can't use this unit in my flat?

Thanks very much,
Cheers, Orias

Sponsored Links
Oooh! I figured from the diagram on the original Saunier Duval unit that 5 & 6 on the BEOK were the same as "Remote" on the Saunier Duval, which aren't used at all. Guess I was wrong!
I'll give it a shot and see! Thanks for the super-fast response!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back