Best Acoustic Insulation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Have installed acoustic plasterboard onto resilient bars hung from the joists in the bathroom. I'm about to fill between the joists with acoustic roll to block the sound out and would appreciate some advice on the best sort to use. The total area is roughly 2x3m so I could probably get away with just buying a single pack - I'm not looking to spend a fortune but really want to make sure the sound doesn't travel through from the neighbours bathroom!

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply Freddy - have you used this before? NPower are kindly fitting normal insulation for free, which I will put on top of the acoustic roll, so it's the sound absorption quality that I'm mainly concerned with.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Yes its better than mineral wool because its denser. Its what would be specified in a partition between a toilet and bedroom for instance or as you are doing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back