Best alarm setup for a safe

Sponsored Links
My system is set up for confirmed alarm so I don't annoy the neighbours with every false alarm.

There should be no such thing as a false alarm is the system is setup and serviced correctly.

where can I buy one of these alarms where none of the components or cables ever becomes faulty, and no spider or other wildlife ever triggers a PIR?

Is it a round room ? :D

Oh I see. So you're saying I need a PIR in the corner of the room, despite my saying in my original post that I want the safe to remain armed whilst the room it is in is in use.

If you don't know how to do it, just say so.

Sponsored Links
where can I buy one of these alarms where none of the components or cables ever becomes faulty, and no spider or other wildlife ever triggers a PIR?
if an alarm is correctly fitted and serviced then why would a cable become faulty? yes components can break but you'd need to be very unlucky to have lots of false alarms due to that, also I don't have wildlife or spiders inside my house that have ever set off the alarm, if you need coverage outside or in an out building then you should fit the appropriate component for the environment, come on its not rocket science.

Leave your ademco shock sensor on the safe , then fit 2 grade 3 surface contacts on the door , grade 3 as they have extra reed to stop it having an extra magnet stuck at the side of It ! Or a contact and a shock sensor

if an alarm is correctly fitted and serviced then why would a cable become faulty? yes components can break but you'd need to be very unlucky to have lots of false alarms due to that, also I don't have wildlife or spiders inside my house that have ever set off the alarm, if you need coverage outside or in an out building then you should fit the appropriate component for the environment, come on its not rocket science.
Don't worry about anything JD writes, he's only the Yale alarm expert:p:whistle:

Yes, if it's like the GE security brand I fit the, the the top bit is a seismic to detect vibration and the key hold cover is an independent device which works on a micro switch. They basically screw together. The two parts can either wired in series or placed on separate zones.
Take it apart and check

Is it a monitored alarm system via an arc who need a confirmation or just a domestic alarm fitted with a auto dialler.

Yes, if it's like the GE security brand I fit the, the the top bit is a seismic to detect vibration and the key hold cover is an independent device which works on a micro switch. They basically screw together. The two parts can either wired in series or placed on separate zones.
Take it apart and check

Thanks. I will do I've just been mad busy with work and haven't had chance to have a look.

I'm thinking the best setup will be the key flap detector covering the keyhole, a separate shock sensor on the door and a grade three door contact.

Is it a monitored alarm system via an arc who need a confirmation or just a domestic alarm fitted with a auto dialler.

It's just a domestic system which notifies me. I had a fault on one zone a while back which kept activating the system and triggering the bells. I was working away at the time and it both worried me that something was going on at my house, and also annoyed the hell out of my neighbours.

It turned out to be a fault with the panel which I have now replaced, and this convinced me that confirmed alarms would be best.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back