1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Euro Cylinder Lock on the market?

Discussion in 'Windows and Doors' started by House7000, 26 May 2020.

1. House7000

House7000

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Having always been an Avocet ABS fan I assumed these were still the best however I have spoken to 3 different locksmiths now who have all said they have had issues with these post installation. As a result 2 don't fit them at all anymore due to these issues. Personally mine have always been ok.

All recommended the Ultion WMX which does have the TS007 and Sold Secure Diamond standard. However looking on YouTube seems easier to pick than the ABS.

What has everyone gone with / any brands to consider or avoid?

Thanks

2. Sponsored Links
  3. magicmushroom666

magicmushroom666

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I dont think many thieves etc tend to pick the lock, but rather use brute force and break the thing off, or smash a window etc. I wouldn't get too worried about pick resistance, as long as it can't be bypassed or something. Personally I've gone with average locks, but quality heavy duty handles.

4. JohnD

JohnD

Thanks Received:
    Cook Islands
    Why must it be a Eurocylinder?

5. footprints

footprints

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Only people on TV pick locks, although the odd villas may use a lock pick gun however being caught with one in his pocket is quite a risk. The average lout will snap a Euro lock in seconds, most important make sure they are snap proof. Snap proof locks can still be snapped but only the outer bit snaps off leaving the lock secure.

I fitted these very pricey but in my view worth it.

https://www.lockandkey.co.uk/p/abs-...MIkd-H6OzR6QIVQWHmCh2qswBKEAAYASAAEgLfnvD_BwE

6. footprints

footprints

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    PS they are very particular who cuts keys so that may be one reason locksmiths avoid them, more hassle for them and they cannot do it themselves and charge for keys.;)

7. crank39

crank39

Thanks Received:
    Barbados
  8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

9. Sponsored Links