Best frying pan

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Today is Tuesday, and I am thinking about frying pans.

Most of my cookware is heavy Stainless with thick bottoms. However Stainless is very prone to stick and burn, you can't stop it.

I don't like Aluminium, and I don't like to buy an expensive, heavy non-stick pan when the teflon is going to wear away.

I am toying with the idea of enamelled cast iron, but is is very heavy.

What ideas?

Sponsored Links
For pancakes, a light aluminium one with teflon does it for me (pretty cheap and not used that oftrn anyway).

Like you said - cast (Le Creuset) iron will be good, but it depends what you intend to use it for. If you're looking to do bacon/chops etc, have you considered a griddle pan ( or even the electric thingies - we use the Foreman lean machine thingy fairly often to good effect)

whatever one attaches to your wifes hands easily for cooking, wahing up and putting away

Actually i did have one made out of concrete, i also painted it a nice black colour to look like a metal one, no-one could tell the difference :LOL:

I wouldn't allow the woman in my kitchen :eek:

Sponsored Links
Our Le Creuset stuff is just over 20 years old. The frying pan (used once a week) has a Teflon coating is in perfect condition. On the other hand the multi-pan , admittedly used more than the frying pan, has started to lose its Teflon coating. I notice that the current range of are enamel coated. see here. As these items come with a lifetime guarantee I might well take this up with LC. They are pricey though, John, and they are all pretty heavy.

best go for the lightest one, dont want the missus handling a deadly weapon(cue innuendoes) :D

We've got a Meyer ten inch deep sided frying pan that's been used every day practically for about 8 years. The non-stick coating has only just worn out, but it still works pretty well. I think the trick is not to use any metal tools when cooking if you want the coating to last (will someone tell my wife this, please!)
We got it half price in a sale for £37, so they're not cheap.
Years ago I had a dirt-cheap chinese uncoated cast iron pan that was naturally non-stick. A sort of poor man's Le Creuset... Might be worth a punt if you can find one. Pity I dropped it and broke off a big chunk.
:(

i got an ace frying pan from "the range" for £18.00 a few years back,flippin ace it is,nice and sturdy,hasnt bent like cheap one do,its brill.

I have a stainless, copper-bottomed frying pan.

It does not stick if your oil is hot enough!

Sponsored Links
Back