Best LED Lamp/ Dimmer Combo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have four 2A sockets in the lounge. Each socket feeds a table lamp.

They are switched from a dimmer by the door.

I am in the process of swapping as many lamps in the house to LED, or if impractical, fluorescent lamps.

Currently, these table lamps are using GLS halogen lamps at 40W each, with a 400W MK dimmer mod.

I'm thinking of using a V Pro dimmer module and decent quality LED lamps, but which combo is reliable? I've had trouble in the past trying to pair lamps and dimmers while successfully avoiding flicker.

Any suggestions very welcome

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I gave up and moved to smart bulbs.

The main problem I had was G9 bulbs in wife's bedroom, I did find some G9 bulbs that worked, but have at least 9 quartz and 10 LED bulbs as spares collected while trying to sort it. The bulb that worked one when wrong so opened to see what was in it, actually found dry joint so repaired it, but the smoothing capacitor was nearly as big as some of the other bulbs, and nothing on bulb description says if smoothing capacitor is used, so it is suck it and see.

Sponsored Links
Recently used a V Pro paired with Philips warm glow lamps, no flickering or buzzing and they dim nicely, however it does take a second or two for them to actually switch on, not a problem with the lamps, have tried various lamps they all take a while to come on

Yes, the V-pro has a short delay before going to full power.
This confuses the hell out of my cleaners who expect the light to come on instantly, so there’s lots of button pressing before some lights come on.

Will look up Philips warm glow, thanks.

Never bothered trying to dim fluorescents, at least not in a domestic environment!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back