Best make of Oil Boiler

CTM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of geting my boiler upgraded. Require approx 40KW. Not sure the best make - thoughts are a Grants or a Worcester Bosch - which is best?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can leave out those at the end of the alphabet.

Sponsored Links
We have installed a reasonable number of the new Worcester oilers and haven't had an issue with any of them.

Get an accredited installer to fit one and you will get 5 years warranty.

We fit Grant as well, but I can't see a great deal of difference in quality. Many share the same burners now.

I would concur that the last range of WB oilers had some reliability defects, but they aren't made any more.

getting fed up of both grant and worcester but grant tips it for me.theres always a firebird if your a sadist installer.and you like carp

If you have the money, these are the best engineered IMO. The burner is standard, so no spares problems.

I'm curious about Oilers.... What makes a good one and a bad one, since they seem to use common "Off the shelf" burners and pumps... so is it the design of the heat exchangers and baffles and ease of removal there of?

I have just qualified to become OFTEC registered and I would like to offer my customers a good quality boiler.... Be nice if it was British built.... Any comments on Mistral?

Stear clear of the grandee ones fitted a wallhung combi recently thought it was a load of carp!have to shone analyzer in flu outside and keep coming indoors to adjust air,and seemed like it wasmade in somebodys garage!

have to admit oilman pretty impressed with that link. but how much for the average boiler, say 30 kw. anyway Corgigrouch youll prob see the downside to most oil boilers compared to gas, personally i find it dirty smelly and annoying, start a day clean then end up looking like a chimney sweep.ok gas is smelly but when it is. run! :)

Holty, I was impressed with the kit in oilmans link.. Guess that they are a few bob more than the average boiler....

I have done my best to avoid oil... I really hate the smell but I have a customer who has a lot of well to do clients who need a reliable oil man, plus it is anothe feather in my cap. I have at long last registered as an electrician too.... Business is good at the moment but it pays to have a little "Yesabillity" for an uncertain future..

Most folk think that I'm mad going for my oil bearing in mind the weight of the kit and the fact that I have recently had bits of my lower disc removed from my spinal cord.... I'll just hire a couple of knuckle draggers for any heavy work.... :D

oh yeah forgot to mention the shear weight of the things,serviced a 20/25 heatslave upstairs in an airing cupboard a couple of months since :eek:

Was chatting to an old oil engineer a little while back and he services one fitted in a loft..... God knows how it got up there. I asked him for advise, and his advise was to avoid Vaporising burners...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back