Best paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’ve been using dulux trade now for around the last 40 years, it’s always been my go to paint, but the last couple of times it’s been absolutely sh#t!! Did I just get a duff tin or have dulux gone down hill? If the later then what’s a reasonable paint now? Do I need to stick to trade or have the retail side caught up? Thanks

Sponsored Links
what type of paint? emulsion, gloss etc?

the new "in" paint is Benjamin Moore advance, but its very expensive

i've always had success with crown paints (though there matt emulsion paint doesn't like to be wiped down and if you try touching it up it looks worse)

my personal favourite for staying white and being good is Zinsser perma-white, however i must admit i stopped using it for a while on cost grounds, but now wish i continued to use them.

Johnstones has rave reviews also, though i've never used it.

Emulsion/ gloss/ and eggshell, not looking for mega expensive designer product just something reasonable that covers good and doesn’t rub off:( unlike leyland!!!

Sponsored Links
Emulsion/ gloss/ and eggshell, not looking for mega expensive designer product just something reasonable that covers good and doesn’t rub off:( unlike leyland!!!

Zinsser permawhite for the gloss/eggshell (their gloss is actually a soft sheen) for hard wearing applications (like stairs and landing) use the exterior version.

for emulsion, dulux, dulux trade, crown (only the easy clean version though).

i havnt used other brands so cant comment any further,

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back