Best place to locate radiators

Ah, the "(he won't)" gambit. Favoured by the "general discussion" forum bell ends.

Yawn

Can you show me where it says otherwise? Not in the office, tablet is playing a documentary and I'm posting from my mobile at the moment so researching this crap - again - is a tad tedious.

There's a sport.

Sponsored Links
"Can you show me where it says otherwise"

Yes I can.

I have vertical rads on inner walls on the upper floor of my home with old draughty wooden windows.

Rooms feel no less comfortable than using the ones under the windows. Can you explain that?

Perhaps you like the look of your vertical rads?

The problem with vertical rads is that they give most of their heat high up.

Most humans prefer their bodies warm and their heads a bit cooler.

That's why many find UFH feels more comfortable.

To the OP, mixing rads and UFH together requires clever design and the willingness to pay for the more expensive controls required.

I greatly prefer rads in bedrooms rather than UFH as I like to be warm inside the bed but have the air temperature somewhat cooler at perhaps 14-16 C as I find that I breath easier! It can also mean that I get cuddled more!

Tony

Sponsored Links
The issue with ufh in bedrooms is largely down to free floor area in relation to furniture. Unless you have a larger property, the figures don't add up.

If Nobcorn is still lurking..... I perhaps should remind him. - as he has run away from the same debate before by bleating to the mods - the rad in my bedroom is a vertical one; and is one of the uncomfortable rooms. It was a preexisting rad courtesy of the previous owners and is rather expensive.

Hence my acquiescence to the other half's demands.

do you assert that one or more of these statements is untrue? If so, why?

-the heat gradient is greatest under a window,

-so if you want to maximise heat loss and energy costs, put your radiators there.

-They will also prevent you fitting floor-length curtains which will block the flow of cold air from the window.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back