Best price needed for new Riello 40G3B

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just wondering where I could get the best price for a new Riello 40G3B
type 437T50.
I was thinking of changing my 20 year old boiler, as my burner's making such a noise. ( I did post about this before )
Anyway, a heating engineer called and said that the motor, oil pump, and hydrolic ram at least needed replacing and he thought that if I searched around, I'd probably be able to get a brand new one for not much more than the cost of parts and labour.
I've had a look on the internet, but can't seem to be able to find any prices...........Technophobe I know !!
Any help would be gratefully received.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
What make of Boiler is it fitted to?
EOGB Make the "X" series Burner, which is a good bit of kit they go for about £280+the Vat from Heating Component stockists :LOL:

Sponsored Links
A new burner would need to be set up in situ with a pressure gauge and combustion measured and set. Ideally by a competent person.

http://www.abgo.co.uk/index.php?opt...lypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2310&Itemid=26

The above is a kit which will provide what you need, you can remove the ram and lock the air inlet into the set position. Should take no more than an hour to replace parts and take measurements, which should work out cheaper than a new burner.

Changing motor and pump will still require recommissioning. Just 'taking measurements' will not suffice.
With the regularity that these components fail, I'm amazed that any reasonably busy service technician does not carry these spares.

[/quote]Changing motor and pump will still require recommissioning.
Isn't that what I said?::confused:

A new burner would need to be set up in situ with a pressure gauge and combustion measured and set. Ideally by a competent person.

Should take no more than an hour to replace parts and take measurements, which should work out cheaper than a new burner.
Was a reference to the time the said competent person (service engineer) should take - and yeah any decent service guy would have these parts as basic spares...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back