Replacing Riello 40 g2s with Riello 40 g3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Bit of advice needed. I have a riello g2s burner 22 years old that had been noisy and then stopped working, motor not turning just buzzing sound then lockout. I removed the fan cover and was able to free up the motor. So now working again but still a bit noisy. I can get a new R40 G3 for £187 and was wondering would this be a good replacement. Obviously I would get a qualified heating engineer to do the work, as have no idea of the settings. (I know my limitations) Just after 22 years is it time to replace. To be honest it does'nt owe me anything and I have only had to replace a couple of heating pumps over that time. Any advice or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

John

Sponsored Links
What boiler is it fitted to? This may limit the application of aG3 as physical size is different.
The casing behind the combustion head may be a problem.

IMG_20190906_174049.jpg
Hi ive attached a picture of boiler thanks for replying
IMG_20190906_174049.jpg

get a new boiler, Warmflow are dogs at the best of times. I like Grant.

Sponsored Links
Warm flows are an old make I've not gt a prob with them I have as a grant warranty engineer been called out this year 20 times with grant parts failures.but grants did replace parts and labour.But warmflows are ok.Bob

Warm flows are an old make I've not gt a prob with them I have as a grant warranty engineer been called out this year 20 times with grant parts failures.but grants did replace parts and labour.But warmflows are ok.Bob
Im not sure why people on here slam Grant when Warmflow rotted through on me numerous times before I throw in the towel with them. I have no problem what so every installing Grants over many years now.

Thanks for all the replies. I have had someone look at my boiler and they have replaced the bearings in the motor also new pump coupling and nozzle. The boiler is now running great the radiators and hot water are getting to temp much quicker. The boiler is now cycling on and off I think as it should do and is very quiet. If If I can get this winter over I am going to replace the boiler as money a bit tight to do it now. I have been looking at a Grant vortex 21-26 kw, would this be an ok replacement. My current burner is a riello 40 g2s 12-30 kw. Thanks for any advice in advance.
IMG_20190903_172254_resized_20190913_072043676.jpg

If that Warmflow is working well, a Grant 21-26 will be too big. An oil boiler oversized is not very good, it needs to be sized so that is working efficiently.

If you have a non condensing boiler, you would usually need a smaller output on a new condensing one.

If you have a non condensing boiler, you would usually need a smaller output on a new condensing one.
A kilowatt is a kilowatt however it is produced. If the current 15/20 kw boiler is producing sufficient heat, then that is what should replace it. I would grant you that a steamer might produce that output more efficiently, and instead of a .65 nozzle it would use a .55.

Hi all.
Some advice please. I've had another 3.5 years out of my boiler now 26 years old. But I think it's time to have it replaced. It's starting to leak water. Any advice on a suitable replacement. Would like an external, as current boiler house is on its last legs. Condenser or non. Thanks in advance.

Picture of my current boiler and pipework.

Attachments

• 20230414_130217.jpg
    20230414_130217.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 24
If less than 30kw hounsfield above Grant
Nothing that starts with a W.
Grant vortex pro range now 10 year warranty If installed by grant registered installer.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back