riello burner motor buzzing and then lock out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi please help. My Riello 40 burner lockes out the motor trys to turn but just buzzes and then locks out. I have replaced motor and pump with new ones but guess what it still does it. Please help i have spent loads of money on this thing now. The only way i can get it to start is by pressing the lockout button wich then makes the motor buzz like its trying to start but there is to much resistance but if i press the on and off switch really quick it will start. Any ideas would be greatly apreciated

Sponsored Links
slacken off the grub screws on the oil pump and try it then,may not be located properly.

Sponsored Links
AS cjb 71 suggests pump alignment !!

Is the drive dog in good condition!!

Why did you replace motor and pump??

slacken off the grub screws on the oil pump and try it then,may not be located properly.

Thanks do you think a worn coupling could cause thre resistance as i didnt have a new one when i replaced pump and motor so used the old one it looked a bit worn

did you fit the oil pump motor yourself? if so you will need an engineer in to set the oil pressure/air mixture adjustment otherwise it may run but not last too long!

did you fit the oil pump motor yourself? if so you will need an engineer in to set the oil pressure/air mixture adjustment otherwise it may run but not last too long!

yes i bought a gauge and set pump pressure to 100 psi to suit the nozzle so shouldnt be to far out i dont have co2 metre but i realy cant afford to pay someone to come out im well skint.

Do you think it could be the coupling? i havent got much else to change.

If the internal of dog wears it can spin on the shaft so it will not be central!!

I never change a pump without new one!

At 10p each from antares its not worth it ! :)

Eh? providing it's not making smoke with the original air shutter setting, how is it not going to last for long?

If it's not the capacitor, then it will be some mechanical resistance which you can find by feel. You will feel some resistance but you don't say how much. Take the pump off and make sure you can turn the back end of the motor with the fan cover fitted. There is not much clearance and you could have the fan jamming.

Keep the old motor it may come in handy one day, as may the pump. With most technicians it would have been cheaper and quicker to get one round to fix it rather than buy a new pump and motor.

Eh? providing it's not making smoke with the original air shutter setting, how is it not going to last for long?

If it's not the capacitor, then it will be some mechanical resistance which you can find by feel. You will feel some resistance but you don't say how much. Take the pump off and make sure you can turn the back end of the motor with the fan cover fitted. There is not much clearance and you could have the fan jamming.

Keep the old motor it may come in handy one day, as may the pump. With most technicians it would have been cheaper and quicker to get one round to fix it rather than buy a new pump and motor.

Thanks i pretty sure fan is not jaming on anything i moved it slightly away from casing because like you say it can catch the resistance feels like compreson sort of like a small piston compressing air when it reaches top dead centre then goes loose again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back