riello burner motor buzzing and then lock out

If you haven't set the fuel pressure and the air correctly, lockout will be likely. You need to start from a known position, and change only one thing at a time.

Sponsored Links
allways assuming you changed the oil pump in error, and you didnt adjust it?
refitting it should return you to the original set pressure and restore the original air fuel ratio

when i put new pump on i set pressure to same as old pump 100psi and air shutter was not moved. someone said to me today it could be a weak lockout button or control box. I got home from work every thing was ok all fired up for ch and hw ill see how it goes in the morning i guess, might get up early to see whats happening

Sponsored Links
oilman i also have hot air escaping between the collar and flange any ideas ? do i need to replace them aswell? air is escaping left side of burner but not right side may be something getting hot

Thanks for every ones help so far ill buy you all a pint

I've had an oil boiler with a riello burner for 13years. No trouble until 2years ago it was not firing up every time heat was called for.Kept cutting out and reset button had to be used very regularly.
I'm sure you have the same problem.
Capacitor OK, they hardly ever go
Dismantled motor etc several times to no avail until I decided to get a new coupling....Much cheaper than a new motor etc.
Fitted coupling and reinstalled burner within 30 minutes.
Never failed yet. Works like a dream. Never had to touch it since.
The boiler is a Camray

QED

I've had an oil boiler with a riello burner for 13years. No trouble until 2years ago it was not firing up every time heat was called for.Kept cutting out and reset button had to be used very regularly.
I'm sure you have the same problem.
Dismantled motor etc several times to no avail until I decided to get a new coupling....Much cheaper than a new motor etc.
Fitted coupling and reinstalled burner within 30 minutes.
Never failed yet. Works like a dream. Never had to touch it since.
The boiler is a Camray

QED

i think i had a combination of things replaced capacitor yesterday and coupling today motor turns much easier with new coupling.

I am 100% sure i have solved my problem now. I discovered that i need a new collar and flange because there is a gap on the left side wich is allowing hot air to blow onto the pump making it almost to hot to touch once boiler shuts down because CH is no longer needed, the next time CH is called for the pump is so hot it goes tight motor strains to turn pump and lockout .im mega chuffed caught it in the act this evening buzz from motor then lockout. took side of fan casing to turn motor by hand and it was stiff as hell waited for it to cool down and it was as free as a bird.

Ill be ordering new collar and flange tomorrow now gonna open a nice cold beer to celebrate, its a weight off my mind.. cheers

when i put new pump on i set pressure to same as old pump 100psi and air shutter was not moved. someone said to me today it could be a weak lockout button or control box. I got home from work every thing was ok all fired up for ch and hw ill see how it goes in the morning i guess, might get up early to see whats happening

you had no way of knowing the pressure, and stop listening to old wives, weak lockout!! total bollo rot
and as a temp fix slap some fire cement on the leak.

you had no way of knowing the pressure, and stop listening to old wives, weak lockout!! total bollo rot
and as a temp fix slap some fire cement on the leak.

i checked pressure of old pump before removing it 100psi i set new pump same

oilman i also have hot air escaping between the collar and flange any ideas ? do i need to replace them aswell? air is escaping left side of burner but not right side may be something getting hot

Thanks for every ones help so far ill buy you all a pint

Try a few wraps of ptfe tape, twisting so it forms a string.

arfee said:

You have only one boiler, I see hundreds, I can tell you otherwise.

whatdoiknow said:
you had no way of knowing the pressure,

You know dan doesn't have a pressure gauge then?

how did you do that then? it wasnt running remember?
and by the way 100 psi is a minimum figure for a nozzle to atomize oil at

Are you sure the new pump is not duff ? , riello have big problems with pumps at the moment.

But the current problems are usually indicated by permanent pump failure, not long interval/intermittent failure.

(Reply to JPH's post)

i have found what the problem is read my earlier post i reposted it on next page

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back