Best replacement for scantronic 9600

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, while I am here, I was wondering what the best replacement would be for my scantronic 9600, Don't get me wrong its still working perfectly and has proved reliable, but if it ever kicks the bucket (hopefully never as I always remember to change the battery in both the panel and bellbox) but if it ever does die what would be the best replacement for it? Something equally reliable and has the same capacity,ie power supply and zones?

thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
How many zones do you need, PIRs, contacts, vibration sensors, day and night mode, remote signaling???

The scantronic 9600 is virtually bulletproof as with a lot of the older systems,they are made to last. Worst case the Texecom premier elite 24 or the galaxy G2-20, both have slightly more zone capacity than the 9600 but its always better to have a panel with spare capacity. Their power supply capacity however is nowhere near as bulky or tolerant than the scantronic 9600 power supply could handle (just shows they don't make em like they used to:() but 1 amp from either of the recommended systems should give you plenty.

You are probably better going for the texecom premier elite 24 in the end as the galaxy can be a bugger to program and have heard some horror stories :LOL:.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back