best sealant for slate floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi...about to start laying my tiles..but really wanted some advice on the best sealant to use.

i have slate tiles (no idea if the are chinese etc) and would like to keep them more or less natural... i have brought some plasplugs sealer and cleaner but google searches have informed me that this aint the best stuff at all...

what manufactures sealer should i use..

cheers

Sponsored Links
lithofin are the best that i have found

google them, they are reasonable prices too

HG sealers and lithofin are the best,if you look on Ebay youll find loads of companys selling them,we sell the HG impregnator @ £15.99 in the shop so i guess any cheaper on there would be good.

I dont know much about it but I used LTP mattstone on mine and it really brought the colour out beautifully!

Good Luck and remember to seal them before you grout them..

Sponsored Links
Ltp is good stuff, as is lithofin. HG are the original in the sector.

Decide on the finish you'd like, both ltp and lithofin have variants that seal but leave the finish matt, or others than add a satin sheen/gloss.

in lithofin, mn stainstop gives a natural finish, whilst slateseal gives a sheen.

Seal before and after grouting

HG Hagesan or lithofin are a personal favourite .There are other products but these two brands are tried and tested

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back