best sealant

H

hav it

Whats the best sealant to use to seal a bath to the wall.

Sponsored Links
I agree with seco,the clear stuff is actually stronger and better seal then the white which is normally used for aesthetically pleasing purposes

The BEST stuff is Tiger Seal (or similar) from a motor factors. It's used for sticking bits like spoilers onto car bodies, and for fitting windscreens amongst other things. It will never come off, or go mouldy like silicone sealers do. Look it up on google.

Sponsored Links
i know you can use aquastrap but its very expensive.

http://www.aquastrap.com/what_is_aquastrap.html anyone used it?

The BEST stuff is Tiger Seal (or similar) from a motor factors. It's used for sticking bits like spoilers onto car bodies, and for fitting windscreens amongst other things. It will never come off, or go mouldy like silicone sealers do. Look it up on google.

VERY strong stuff this, ever tried to get if off your hands though?? :D :D

I thought it was only available in black though, not great for a bathroom.

Why would you use product thats made for the car industry in the bathroom,is this all about going against the crowd or something.we use clear silicone as do most plumbers at couple quid per tube and does the perfect job

Why would i buy tube of sealant 3 times the price which has no recommendations from the plumbing industry!

Please lets get real and give proper advice ,not just advice for the sake of it

Why would you use product thats made for the car industry in the bathroom,is this all about going against the crowd or something.we use clear silicone as do most plumbers at couple quid per tube and does the perfect job

Why would i buy tube of sealant 3 times the price which has no recommendations from the plumbing industry!

Ahhhh spoil sport ;) :D

Proper silicone for Plastic/ Acrylic IS Neutral Curing :idea: :idea: Any colour, make . The vinegar=smelling stuff Will NOT stick , long term :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back