Best toilet to fit with a macerator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone!
I have just read several threads trying to find out which macerator we can purchase and which toilet will be suitable.

Long story short we live in a house with a macerator and although we would love to get rid of it we can't without moving everything and it costing an enormous amount of money. (I did get one plumber round to quote and he advised I sell the house as there are so many issues with drains/soil pipes etc!)

We are currently having some work done in the bathroom after a leak (insurance are covering) and have decided to have the bathroom refitted at the same time. The toilet has an inlet/outlet to the left (as you look at the toilet) and we have considered many different pumps from J Pumps, Screwfix and Plumbworld. Many seem to have outlets to the right. Then we have the problem with the depth/height behind the toilet. Nobody seems to either know what we are talking about (sales people online at various companies) or if they do know seem reluctant to recommend a toilet that will be suitable. The threads I have checked on here are all out of date unfortunately and I wasn't able to see the different toilets that people recommend (maybe discontinued)

Ideally we would like a toilet that is a more contemporary style so that the macerator fits behind and is less obtrusive! I know I am asking a lot but please can anyone recommend a site or person to contact to try and help as the bathroom is due to be refitted in 10 days!

Thank you :)

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/saniflo-but-which-toilet.251578/page-2#ixzz4lcC9gvMP

Sponsored Links
A company called McCain. We have spoken to the plumber but they weren't very familiar with macerators (crapcruncher seems like a more suitable name actually!) I have emailed them to try and find out more from them but we are responsible for buying the sanitary ware and they are just fitting it.
Hope this helps?
Thank you

Sponsored Links
The sanislim cruncher from saniflow is compact in size.

The toilet pan choice,due to saniflow i think you will need to visit a traditional plumbers merchant/bathroom supply store where there are several toilets on display and talk to the sales person/measure the area behind the pan.

Internet searching will revel 100's of toilets,many will just show glossy photos with little or incorrect dimensions.
Maybe use the internet to search for a plumbers merchant/bathroom supply company in your area.

Or call into a traditional plumbers merchants and have a chat,many will not have toilets on display but will be knowledgeable and able to get a pan that will fit the saniflow product.

Good luck.

Or call into a traditional plumbers merchants and have a chat,many will not have toilets on display but will be knowledgeable and able to get a pan that will fit the saniflow product.

Good luck.

I have to say that my experience of plumbers merchants in the London area is that there is rarely anyone working there for minimum wage who is at all knowledgeable.

Outside London for some reason you can find helpful and somewhat knowledgeable people. I was even impressed by the staff at Plumb Center in Weymouth.

I needed a small part posted from a branch of the same firm but a London branch refused to post it to me. But one in Lancashire did!

Macerators are often better mounted on sound insulating material.

Tony

Last edited:
Muncher engineer here. Most toilets exit straight out the back, are you saying there is an elbow fitted directing the waste to the left?
Other than the toilet what else is going through the muncher? Shower? How high is the underneath of the tray from the floor and how far does the pipe from the shower to the muncher run? Is it a power shower? Maximum width space behind the toilet is?
A photo would help greatly.

+16yrs, all the good knowledgeable people in the office have gone.

Know what you mean... so it's now just your typical sales-centre staff :rolleyes:

Any time I speak to tech at a manufacturer, it's always a 50ish sounding bloke who's been there for years and you just know he's the last of the line :(

Know what you mean... so it's now just your typical sales-centre staff :rolleyes:

Any time I speak to tech at a manufacturer, it's always a 50ish sounding bloke who's been there for years and you just know he's the last of the line :(
The head man of sani UK has just retired, they don't sales-centre speak as such but the ones there read from a script having little experience.

Thank you so much everyone. I'm just going to take a photo to see if that helps. We have fashioned a sanislim from a cardboard box and are popping round some plumbers/shops now to see how we go but would still value your opinions
Oh also it's just for the toilet nothing else attached
Thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_2331.JPG
    IMG_2331.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 597
Basically everything is coming out flooring, tiles, macerator toilet the lot and will all be replaced. There is a carpenter coming as part of the repairs to the leak and he is changing part of the tiling to a wooden panel which will be decorated but have screws to allow access to some of the plumbing (central heating) behind. The people who lived here tiled over the whole area behind the toilet and to the left covering over the pump for the central heating. We had to have it all ripped off when it broke and so the tiles are broken/damaged now. It's a whole lot of bodged jobs unfortunately

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back