Best way to attach thermo mixer shower to combi boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I'm looking to add a thermostatic mixer shower over our bath, and it looks like there are a couple of options which I wouldn't mind getting a sanity check on before proceeding:

1. There seem to be mixer showers that are your bath taps and shower unit in one - this sound like the most simple option.

2. Ideally we'd like the shower at the other end of the bath to the taps, therefore would it be possible to spur off the pipes that feed the hot and cold bath taps into the shower unit?

We have a combi boiler (Alpha CB24) which claims 9.5 litres per min hot water flow rate.

Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Ok, I think we've decided for the shower being at the opposite end of the bath - so I'd just like to check whether it is ok to take the shower feed off of the pipes going to the bath?

Thanks.

That's how I did mine, and it works fine (same setup: thermostatic mixer shower off a 24 kW combi). It's much better than the nasty electric shower I had before! :)

Sponsored Links
That's how I did mine, and it works fine (same setup: thermostatic mixer shower off a 24 kW combi). It's much better than the nasty electric shower I had before! :)

Thanks for the pep talk Rich - I'll go for it!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back