Best way to bend a pipe o this radiator installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to swap an existing 700x500 single rad in the bathroon for a 700x500 double rad.

I became so carried away with the idea that I did not take into account the fact that the pipes coming up through the floor to the valves will need to be about 15 - 20mm further 'out' (i.e. away from the wall) even if I mount the new radiator with the mounting bracket fitted on its short side out.

My problem is that I really do not want to rip up the floor because we have vinyl self-adhesive floor tiles on hardboard ontop of the floorboards :cry: - so I am wondering if anyone has any ideas how I might best bend the pipes out from the wall to accommodate the valves and fit into the rad.... or any other ideas.

Sponsored Links
Depends on how long the tails are from floor to valve, and do you have any movement though the floor.
But if you cant ease them out 15-20 mm then you may have to Anneal the pipe midway.

as buck says it might be possible to bend the pipes forward slightly it may mean dropping the height slightly to accomodate the new position

Sponsored Links
The current tails are approx 6 inches (plus whatever depth in the valves) there is no movement in the hole, whoever cut that floorboard di so with great accuracy!

I have never annealed before, I assume it is just a matter of heat the pipe, insert a spring and in some way bend it out :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back