Best way to do this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I may well be overthinking this but I have a query about the best way to get a good finish on this area of my bathroom.

I am installing a new bath which will have an over bath shower fitted. In order to accommodate the pipework for the shower I am going to construct a stud wall at the head of the bath.

I am planning on taking the tile backer boards right to the edge of the bath allowing me to tile down onto the bath rim. As you can see I will be needing to construct a short tiled return from the bath to the rear wall.

Because of the layout I will need to tile out from behind the architrave to the bath panel and then continue up to ceiling height.

What I am struggling to visualise is the neatest way to construct the corner between the tiles running along the top of the bath and those that will form the short return.

The tiles sitting on top of the bath will be situated further out than the vertical run of tiles coming up from the floor level to form the return.

I was (am) planning to use a corner tile trim to finish off the corner but can't see how to accommodate the slight dog leg caused at the top corner of the bath.

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1471.JPG
    IMG_1471.JPG
    299.5 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_1472.JPG
    IMG_1472.JPG
    326.6 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_1473.JPG
    IMG_1473.JPG
    298.9 KB · Views: 213
Sponsored Links
You are over thinking it

The tall thin side is one complete wall of tiles going from wall to slightly inset to bath panel

Long side goes above bath to ceiling forming corner with tall thin side using corner bead from top of bath to ceiling

All you need to do is when you construct the studwork is take into account the depth of the backer board or you will come unstuck.

Hope that makes sense

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back