Best way to dry out skimmed ceilings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently having four ceilings skimmed and as the chain of events leading to me moving in are now directly connected to the skim drying out, I wondered if there is a sensible way to speed it up?

It's empty for most of the time so reluctant to leave the windows open. The Central heating is working but I suspect I'd face the danger of it drying out too quickly if I left it on or would a low temp help (maintaining for example 15 degrees C)?

I've also read about using dehumidifiers on here which sounds like a good idea to me but would I need one in each room or would one do the whole bungalow? There are no doors fitted by the way so it's a collection of connecting spaces.

Any advice gratefully received.

Ta,
Jon.

Sponsored Links
it should only take a couple of days to dry out if your skimming plasterboard, ive seen them use red heaters on site to dry them out but not for the sake of a couple of ceilings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back